A forum for Derbyshire CCC fans
I see that James Kettleborough (formerly of Glamorgan) has been appointed as Derbyshire 2nd XI captain for the 2018 season.

I believe that having players solely to lead the 2s was common in the distant past, and it used to be common for the 2s coach to play, often as captain batting down the order, but I haven't seen it for a while.

He certainly has scored heavily in 2s and Minor Counties cricket - he churned out tons for Bedfordshire, Northants 2s and Derbyshire 2s last season.

It's an interesting appointment.
PaulTavs wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm
I see that James Kettleborough (formerly of Glamorgan) has been appointed as Derbyshire 2nd XI captain for the 2018 season.

I believe that having players solely to lead the 2s was common in the distant past, and it used to be common for the 2s coach to play, often as captain batting down the order, but I haven't seen it for a while.

He certainly has scored heavily in 2s and Minor Counties cricket - he churned out tons for Bedfordshire, Northants 2s and Derbyshire 2s last season.

It's an interesting appointment.
Lancs did it with Peter Sleep until 1999 and then Gary Yates until 2006 (12 years ago how time flies). A couple of years ago I expected them to go down the same route with Ste Parry but he ended up in the first team last year, which shows how little I know.

Now that he's fit, is there an argument to play Me[…]

Sussex v Glamorgan

Nice trip then to the south east cost for game thi[…]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]