An off topic with a difference! Join us for fun and games with slightly cheekier tone than the rest of the forum!
By Arthur Boxful
[quote="Victor Johnston"]
What about this ?

Even as an occasional level 1 umpire myself, I'm still quite befuddled as to the correct resolution of this rather amusing and actual incident which thankfully I wasn't personally involved with but witnessed occur at a game in our public park...

' Batsman firmly strikes the ball for a certain 4 runs but just before ball reaches boundary rope an eager dog runs onto the field, lifts the ball and carries it over the boundary rope much to the embarrassment of it's owner who quickly returns said cricket ball to awaiting fielder, leashes up his dog and hurriedly goes about his way with said dog now on it's lead '

What is the correct protocol in keeping with the laws and spirit of the game the umpires should apply ?  :brickwall:
[/quote]

Haven't a clue, what sort of dog was it ?
By Victor Johnston
Can't remember now what breed he/she was but I do recall it was a comical happening and added greatly to the enjoyment of the day! ( even the umpires had a laugh )  :lol
By Arthur Boxful
[quote="Victor Johnston"]
Can't remember now what breed he/she was but I do recall it was a comical happening and added greatly to the enjoyment of the day! ( even the umpires had a laugh )  :lol
[/quote]

If it was a Yorkshire Terrier six runs should've been awarded  :joy:

But seriously i'd imagine everybody was failing about laughing so the Umpire would either have to call it a dead ball, or allow any runs scored up to the time of the incident.

Nope, haven't a clue  :D
By Victor Johnston
All correct and well played chaps....In this incident the offending dog became the boundary and four runs were awarded to the batting side!  :lol
By LankyShark
For those of us who remember the time when an Overseas player actually played for a County for often many years , not just many days (hours?) who did the following play for?

(I know that one or two might have played a few games for another county at the beginning or end of their career, but who did they really play for)?

Ken McEwan
Wasim Akram
Gordon Greenidge
Joel Garner
Clive Rice
Allan Donald
Clive Lloyd
Mike Procter
Tom Moody
Asif Iqbal
By gmdf
LankyShark wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:28 pm
For those of us who remember the time when an Overseas player actually played for a County for often many years , not just many days (hours?) who did the following play for?

(I know that one or two might have played a few games for another county at the beginning or end of their career, but who did they really play for)?

Ken McEwan
Wasim Akram
Gordon Greenidge
Joel Garner
Clive Rice
Allan Donald
Clive Lloyd
Mike Procter
Tom Moody
Asif Iqbal

Sadly I'm old enough to have seen all these great players playing in the CC! I'll out the answers lower down the page so as not to spoil this for anyone else!

Ken McEwan - Essex (saw him get a 100 against Kent on the day of Charles & Di's wedding...!)
Wasim Akram - Lancashire
Gordon Greenidge - Hampshire (what a great batsman he was too, even when scoring runs against you)
Joel Garner - Somerset
Clive Rice - Nottinghamshire
Allan Donald - Warwickshire
Clive Lloyd - Lancashire
Mike Procter - Gloucestershire
Tom Moody - Worcestershire
Asif Iqbal - Kent (his innings in the 1971 Gillette Final has to be one of the best in a losing cause; far from the only time I've seen Kent lose at Lords!)
By LankyShark
I know I don't need to tell you that you are right and I hope other people may have a go, but I suppose for the purpose of the thread, yes you are right. Sadly I too saw them all, though some perhaps only on TV. My memory of Procter was being at my grandma's and seeing him take 4 wickets in 5 balls in the Cup.

I agree with you too about Gordon Greenidge. What a wonderful player on one leg or two. England qualified too until he chose to play for the West Indies. Hampshire were my second team for many years due in part to holidays down there and to CGG.
By gmdf
Ah, yes, the limping Greenidge. Always worrying when you saw him do that!

Like you I saw Proctor taking the 4 wickets in 5 balls on TV, but I also saw him live a few times. One of that great generation of SA players whose careers were cut short & limited due to apartheid. The history of Test cricket in the 1970s might have been quite different if that SA team had been allowed to compete against Australia & the WI...
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]