An off topic with a difference! Join us for fun and games with slightly cheekier tone than the rest of the forum!
By Arthur Boxful
[quote="Victor Johnston"]
What about this ?

Even as an occasional level 1 umpire myself, I'm still quite befuddled as to the correct resolution of this rather amusing and actual incident which thankfully I wasn't personally involved with but witnessed occur at a game in our public park...

' Batsman firmly strikes the ball for a certain 4 runs but just before ball reaches boundary rope an eager dog runs onto the field, lifts the ball and carries it over the boundary rope much to the embarrassment of it's owner who quickly returns said cricket ball to awaiting fielder, leashes up his dog and hurriedly goes about his way with said dog now on it's lead '

What is the correct protocol in keeping with the laws and spirit of the game the umpires should apply ?  :brickwall:
[/quote]

Haven't a clue, what sort of dog was it ?
By Victor Johnston
Can't remember now what breed he/she was but I do recall it was a comical happening and added greatly to the enjoyment of the day! ( even the umpires had a laugh )  :lol
By Arthur Boxful
[quote="Victor Johnston"]
Can't remember now what breed he/she was but I do recall it was a comical happening and added greatly to the enjoyment of the day! ( even the umpires had a laugh )  :lol
[/quote]

If it was a Yorkshire Terrier six runs should've been awarded  :joy:

But seriously i'd imagine everybody was failing about laughing so the Umpire would either have to call it a dead ball, or allow any runs scored up to the time of the incident.

Nope, haven't a clue  :D
By Victor Johnston
All correct and well played chaps....In this incident the offending dog became the boundary and four runs were awarded to the batting side!  :lol
Ticket info for Wed

NatWest T20 Blast Quarter-Final at The SSE SWALEC […]

It seems that the size of Kleinveldt is beginning […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]