An off topic with a difference! Join us for fun and games with slightly cheekier tone than the rest of the forum!
By Brandycove
Beckett, who wrote "Waiting for Godot", played two first-class games against Northamptonshire for the University of Dublin at Wantage Road in the 1920's.
By Alex
Thought I'd restart this off in the run up to the new season...

What's the most number of runs that has been conceded in one over?
By gmdf
OK, I'll bite (since no-one else has) - without looking anything up -  I'm pretty sure the answer for a first class game is '36' - with Sobers, Shastri and (I think) Herschelle Gibbs having achieved it.

But I also think 36 has been exceeded in one day (or 'minor' cricket) due to no balls being bowled and hit for 4 or 6.

I imagine others can add to, or amend, this answer!
By kentclerk
[quote="Alex"]
Thought I'd restart this off in the run up to the new season...
What's the most number of runs that has been conceded in one over?
[/quote]

Depends on whether you want to include declaration or 'setting up a game' bowling.
I'm pretty sure Steve O'Shaughnessy hit a massive amount of runs off one over for the former.
And wasn't there a game in NZ when someone was brought on to try and entice the batting team into a run chase where he bowled loads of no balls and conceded a silly amount? The name Robert Vance rings a bell.
Having said all that, I've no idea of the actual numbers!
By Alex
Sorry yeah should have said I was including declaration bowling, bit of a trick question :lol
By Victor Johnston
Malcolm Nash went for the maximum, Sir Gary Sobers the destroyer in chief and I recall Ravi Shastri doing similar much later but I think the answer is Bert Vance's 77 run over ?  :roll:
By Victor Johnston
What fast bowler was called in to the Aussie test squad and replaced the injured Geoff Lawson in the later stages of the memorable England Ashes winning 1981 test series? Clue. He was only playing league cricket at the time ?
By Arthur Boxful
[quote="gmdf"]
Who was the first Test cricketer to die?
[/quote]

Ewen Chatfield (New Zealand) on debut, hit on the head by our own Peter Lever in 75 ?
England Lions

Has England's treatment of Ben Duckett knocked his[…]

2017 Fixtures

Does anybody know when they are being released, en[…]

Onwards to the lovely market town of Chester-le-St[…]

Averages

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/county-championship-[…]