A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
[quote="bobbly4"]
Breaking news: ECB puts off domestic structure change
[/quote]

I knew my post would do the job.

Seriously, this is just a minor battle won. The vandals will come back with their 'plan' next spring.
[quote="Ian"]
And, as predicted, they are back with their plan to reduce the CC to 14 games:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricke ... otion.html
[/quote]

Either that or reduce the number of counties. Everything seems to point to the latter eventually happening. With two divisions for T20 as well as CC then I can see a couple of counties falling off the bottom of Div 2.
[quote="glamman"]
[quote="Ian"]
And, as predicted, they are back with their plan to reduce the CC to 14 games:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricke ... otion.html
[/quote]

Either that or reduce the number of counties. Everything seems to point to the latter eventually happening. With two divisions for T20 as well as CC then I can see a couple of counties falling off the bottom of Div 2.
[/quote]

Two divisions in T20 would mean there was no guarantee of sell out crowds.  If the split had been after 2015 the top division would be:
Lancs, Hampshire, Surrey, Warwickshire, Essex, Worcester, Glamorgan and Notts.

So no Roses matches, no filling the Oval and Lords for the London bragging rights and plenty of travel across the country for a quick game at 5.30 on a Friday night and back home the next morning!
I think you will eventually have 3 divisions of 6 teams for the championship
Elite league ,division 1 and 2
Each play 10 matches each with play off matches at the end of the season to determine promotion and relegation
Would not like to say what they will do with T20 and 50 over matches but I'm sure that there will be big changes in the championship as that league only wakes up at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[quote="djronnieb65"]
I think you will eventually have 3 divisions of 6 teams for the championship
Elite league ,division 1 and 2
Each play 10 matches each with play off matches at the end of the season to determine promotion and relegation
Would not like to say what they will do with T20 and 50 over matches but I'm sure that there will be big changes in the championship as that league only wakes up at the end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Trouble with end of season play offs - esp. those which (presumably) would be 4 days long, is that they might get rained off. Bowl out, anyone?
I can see 3 divisions but the 3rd division counties will end up semi-professional. The real answer is to reduce the number of 1st class counties to 14. No point having 18 counties if need to recruit overseas/Kolpak players to maintain the standard.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]