A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
White ball starts in earnest with a trip to the Ashley Down ground in Bristol.

With the cup being mainly day games its a bit of a throwback to the old Benson and Hedges...the Super Cup only ever contested in 1999 on display in their club shop.

Should be a good one...I'd take this from 1980 to start off with a win:
http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 81446.html
Last edited by Iron Mike on Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Looks like a solid performance by the 2s against a Gloucs team with a number of players who will be appearing on Thursday. Gloucs need 118 off 10 overs with 4 wickets left.
139 off 109 balls from Carlson and 70 from Lawlor.
TvdG and Meschede with tidy figures so far and Lawlor with 2/27 off 6 overs.
Newport is a tough ground to defend at but Glamorgan look to be on top.
My XI for Thursday after an excellent win for the 2s against a strong Gloucs side:
Rudolph
Selman
Ingram
Donald
Cooke
Carlson
Meschede
Salter
TvdG
de Lange
Hogan

I think Carlson deserves to have played himself in. Don't see Bragg coming in if he was not able to play today and has not featured at all this season. Not as though he is going to add much in the limited over format.
Five proper bowlers with potentially a few from Ingram or Carlson if someone struggling.
Disappointing that 8 of the 11 born overseas but 3 home-grown youngsters.
If all those players are in form I would say that team could beat Gloucester
It will be interesting to see how De Lange performs at one day level as he is recognised as a good death bowler in one dayers
We do need to get our season up and running now as it was disappointing not to be able to beat a very weak Leicestershire side
That side for Thursday seems like to have a good balance about it so I'm hoping that we will be celebrating our first win of the season on Thursday :dance:
duckworthlewis wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:14 pm
SQUAD: Rudolph (c), Lloyd, Ingram, Cooke, Donald, Carlson, Meschede, Morgan, Salter, de Lange, TVDG, Hogan, Carey
Expect Carey to be rested and Salter to be selected infront of Morgan because of more experience with the ball. Might have been a tough call between Lloyd and Selman. Hope it is based purely on their batting. Lloyd more dynamic but plenty of stroke makers in the side so some solidity at the top wouldn't go amiss. I suppose it does mean another Welshman. :yes:
Last edited by glamman on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delighted to see Morgan opening the batting and still there. Also, Bragg doing well after injury. The youngsters in the squad over last 3 matches have done pretty well so hopeful that more young Welsh talent should be 'creeping' into the team.
Great to see Morgan getting a ton and also that he is in the squad against Gloucester
I stated last season that I believe that Morgan will develop into a top opening batsman more than a bowler
He has a great resolve when batting and is unfazed by whatever the wicket does
I will still stick by my statement that Morgan will develop into a very fine batsman
I also more than hopeful of victory tomorrow with or without runs from Rudolph
djronnieb65 wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:07 pm
Great to see Morgan getting a ton and also that he is in the squad against Gloucester
I stated last season that I believe that Morgan will develop into a top opening batsman more than a bowler
He has a great resolve when batting and is unfazed by whatever the wicket does
I will still stick by my statement that Morgan will develop into a very fine batsman
A big ask . Plenty of excellent batsmen at age group level fail to come through so to ask someone who was never really seen as a batsman to become a top class opener may be a step to far. We have enough batsmen averaging in the 30s so if he can improve on that then good luck to him. The problem will be is if his bowling does not develop through lack of time given to it, how does he get into the team in the short term. I admit he has scored runs at the top of the order in the Championship but I would not compare what he will have to face in 1st team cricket to what was on offer from Gloucs yesterday. Will be interesting to see how he develops and I wish him every good fortune - A really nice lad.
Salter picked ahead of Morgan which is not a surprise as Salts is an experienced performer in this format.
Carey ahead of TvdG is a slight surprise unless Timm is not quite fully fit. Carey has done well so far this season but does not quite have the same control as TvdG.
I hope Lloyd goes well today but personally would have preferred to see Selman at the top of the order given the favourable bowling conditions that tend to occur in April and with all the stroke makers coming in from 3 onwards - none of them are going to grind it out.
Ticket info for Wed

NatWest T20 Blast Quarter-Final at The SSE SWALEC […]

It seems that the size of Kleinveldt is beginning […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]