A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
Really good innings from Rudolph, a hundred in good time. Ingram good again in this format too. Real shame about the two run outs when Carlson and Ingram going well. But finished well by Meschede and de Lange.

Good solid bowling display. It looked like they had a real chance with the two set men in and we were struggling with the 5th bowler. However Ingram what a first over, got both set batsmen and only went for 5 run. That probably has taken the game away from them now.
Well done, with due thanks to whomever was involved in the run out. As one of the doom and gloom merchants re the De Lange signing he is starting to look promising with both bat and ball. Likewise an excellent all round performance from Ingram and not forgetting Captain who trumped Klinger today. :clap:
Excellent win, but too close for my liking. Glam score, I felt, was 25/30 runs short of where they should have been, but since they eventually won, I am clearly nitpicking.
Ingram really is well suited for the one day game and his over after the rain break turned the game on it's head. He more or less set up the winning opportunity, as the two batsmen he dismissed were well set, and could have won the game for Gloucestershire.
I thought Rudolph was very brave by saving Ingram for the last over, although I was apoplectic when he put Hogan back on towards the end. Hogan is not the force he was, and had already gone for three sixes. My shouting at my computer screen went unheeded , however, and Hogan conceded a four and another six. Ingram saved the day, thankfully.

So, all in all, a great start to the campaign.

Rudolph currently sitting at the top of the batting averages. :)
Glamorgan 277/7 beat
Gloucestershire 232/8 by 18 runs on DL

Always a nice trip to the other Grace Gates where Jacques Rudolph made a sparkling 121 and very nearly carried his bat. Ably supported by Ingram chiefly and the supporting cast who got in and out again. Lovely haymaking especially from Dai Lange with 17 off the last to post competetive total of 277.

Glos got off to a soporific start with Mustard, Dent and Cockbain out quickly. Klinger is worth paying to watch and with van Burren put them into contention. Both went to Ingram in the same over and ended with 3/39.
Taylor took a liking to Hogan..it's a rarity to happen to Hoges but it was too much for the home side. Ingram bowling Norwell with the final ball of the match...a fitting end.

Lovely day out...the game had it all...even a sprinkling of rain but above all the team song meaning a win. Fully deserved too.

Bring on Surrey..

http://m.espncricinfo.com/royal-london- ... 68433.html

FORZA GLAM!
exileKT8 liked this
Only now seen the full details and delighted with the win. I admit to being a critic of Rudolph on innumerable occasions but very well done to him today and hope this is the start of a good season for him. Ingram, as always a force to be reckoned with batting and bowling. Great to start with a thrilling win away giving the team confidence. Well done all, including coaches this time!!!
exileKT8 liked this
Most pleased with Carey's performance bowling in the power play against Klinger. Great figures and if he stays fit then could be an interesting selection problem when TvdG comes back. Might be sensible to give him a rest on Sunday but must come into consideration for the Sussex or Somerset game perhaps in place of Hogan. He must be growing in confidence.
Meschede also made a good come back so the batting looks a bit stronger.
Feel a bit sorry for Salter who had to bowl at two set right handers. Should be better against left handers and perhaps utilise Ingram against right handers - he certainly came good with the ball yesterday.
A great result and it gives hope that we might be able to compete in the shorter forms of the game.

Hopefully Hogan still has enough left in the tank to have a decent season and he just hasn't got up to speed yet.
Somerset v Glamorgan t20 13 Jul

Match 13 of 14 is our final away game and a trip t[…]

Don Shepherd

The great man is 90 years old today, and here is a[…]

Jim Allenby

I came across this interesting article yesterday .[…]

I know I must do better

Received a few remarks on Sunday about not being a[…]