A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Interesting to see if there will be any changes for Tuesday. Given the previously demonstrated stubbornness of the Glamorgan hierarchy, probably not.
Personally I would like to see Selman opening with Rudolph and would prefer to take the pressure off Carlson and have someone else bat 3 - either Ingram and Carlson moves down the order or replace him with Lloyd - I would prefer the former.
Given there is only one right handed batsman in the Sussex top 7 it might be worth playing Morgan instead of Salter.
Hopefully TvdG will be fit although Carey bowled well today in his first 3 overs before dropping it too short in his 4th.
By Iron Mike
Glamorgan 239
lost to Surrey 183/2 by 8 wickets on DL

Despite the forecast keeping the Gardens crowd down the game went ahead under lights on time. Shaky start but in Rudolph and Ingram there was hope of quite a few more runs on the board despite the parky conditions that prevailed thoughout the day. Dernbach the best bowler on show in a quality Surrey side led by Batty.

Rain at half time lasted until 4pm with a revised target on 182 in 29..which seemed generous at the time...

Great start with Sibley out early but Stoneman and especially a masterclass from Sangakkara, who as another member rightly said is in position before the ball is bowled saw them home. Worth the wait to watch him bat.

Disappointing to lose but to a better side on the day. Carey bowled better than his figures might suggest. With him and Salter etc up against their main partnership was good experience I'm sure.

Group still wide open after two games.
By Nick_Glam
Very good news to see Rudolph in the runs again.

Not many other positives can be taken and it is asking a lot of Lloyd and Carlson to be batting in the top 3.
By glamman
glamman wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:31 pm
Interesting to see if there will be any changes for Tuesday. Given the previously demonstrated stubbornness of the Glamorgan hierarchy, probably not.
Personally I would like to see Selman opening with Rudolph and would prefer to take the pressure off Carlson and have someone else bat 3 - either Ingram and Carlson moves down the order or replace him with Lloyd - I would prefer the former.
Given there is only one right handed batsman in the Sussex top 7 it might be worth playing Morgan instead of Salter.
Hopefully TvdG will be fit although Carey bowled well today in his first 3 overs before dropping it too short in his 4th.
Sorry - I meant that there is only 1 left handed batsman in Sussex top 7.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:45 pm
Very good news to see Rudolph in the runs again.

Not many other positives can be taken and it is asking a lot of Lloyd and Carlson to be batting in the top 3.
Another option is for Bragg to come in at 3.
Ireland and Afghanistan

Good news they're both now full Test playing natio[…]

Worcs., taking a bit of a pasting in the Royal Lon[…]

Sam Billings off with the Lions to keep wicket aga[…]

Jayawardene

signs for Lancashire (T20 blast) available for the[…]