A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Onwards to Hove to take on Luke Wright's men in another day game like that in the pre t20 fixture list.

After Sunday it's a shame this couldn't be on the BH Monday but the players have a travel day instead.

As Rudolph said on the radio Timm unlikely to play but Bragg might.

B&H day games against Sussex at Hove were few and far between with the hone side edging matches eg in 1980, 1984 and the last being in 1998. The non run out in the 93 NatWest semi is still a mystery... so here is a reminder of the last longer format list a win there...not long ago!

https://youtu.be/pmDV3WQ4Uac

Good luck and safe travels to those going.
By glamman
otis wrote:
Mon May 01, 2017 10:05 am
Yes if the planners had any sense this game should have been today, and we should have played Sat at Cardiff.
I am not sure how popular Saturdays are because of clubs playing their games then.

I did not hear Rudolph's interview but I would not be surprised to see Bragg replace Carlson. Could then keep Lloyd in the opener slot although needs to start scoring some runs.
Disappointing that TvdG still not fully fit - hope he is not far off. A lot to ask of Carey at only 19 - could do with a breather to regroup. Problem is that with Wagg stil out and Smith only just starting to bowl the options are limited. As I have already mentioned, with Sussex having 6 right handers in their top 7, Morgan might be a better option than Salter.
By otis
From the posts on here the attendance on Sunday was poor, the poster blamed the weather, but, Glam's poor form, the poor transport links into Cardiff on a Sunday, high admission, free admission for under 17s but no concessions for OAPs, plus of course the weather!
I repeat these games should be played on outgrounds and I am sure Glam would get a full house!
By duckworthlewis
Glamorgan (from): Jacques Rudolph (capt), David Lloyd, Will Bragg, Colin Ingram, Kiran Carlson, Chris Cooke, Aneurin Donald, Andrew Salter, Owen Morgan, Craig Meschede, Marchant De Lange, Michael Hogan, Lukas Carey, Timm Van der Gugten.
By glamman
Slightly surprising XI - Donald out for Bragg; Morgan in for Carey. Still no TvdG.
Hopefully Morgan and Salter will recreate a Croft/Cosker double act. Will be interesting to hear how big the boundaries are.
The lack of a batting coach is sure to be raised again with Donald and Lloyd both struggling a bit this season.
By lovecricket
glamman wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 10:50 am
Slightly surprising XI - Donald out for Bragg; Morgan in for Carey. Still no TvdG.
Hopefully Morgan and Salter will recreate a Croft/Cosker double act. Will be interesting to hear how big the boundaries are.
The lack of a batting coach is sure to be raised again with Donald and Lloyd both struggling a bit this season.
Effectively 3 spinners in the side for this one then, interesting choice. Personally I like spin options in one day games, however it is very early in the season to have three.

Probably the right choice to give Carey a rest.

Bragg for Donald doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Donald's batting style is perfect for this form of the game. He is still young so maybe rested? Bragg is very watchful by comparison. We'll see how it plays out.
By Nick_Glam
293 seems like a very tall order in this one. Worrying that Hogan got tonked again.

I feel sorry for Lloyd as having him open the batting isn't working at all right now...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:18 pm
293 seems like a very tall order in this one. Worrying that Hogan got tonked again.

I feel sorry for Lloyd as having him open the batting isn't working at all right now...
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing Selman try and anchor the innings. Bragg could do that job.
By Vetchetarian
Another pathetic start, seeing the burden once more fall on Rudolph and Ingram to get a respectable score.
Is Hogan now a luxury in the bowling department? 29 runs off his last two overs, including three more sixes. Sad to see him take such stick.
By uskexile
Tough ask now from being 18-2.

Is anyone else finding Isabelle Duncan's commentary on the radio extremely annoying?! She is spoiling my enjoyment of the game and keeps butting in when the others are talking!
By glamman
uskexile wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 3:29 pm
Tough ask now from being 18-2.

Is anyone else finding Isabelle Duncan's commentary on the radio extremely annoying?! She is spoiling my enjoyment of the game and keeps butting in when the others are talking!
I tend to agree. Not heard her before but she gets distracted.
Ticket info for Wed

NatWest T20 Blast Quarter-Final at The SSE SWALEC […]

It seems that the size of Kleinveldt is beginning […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]