A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
A brave effort from Rudolph again, but the lack of strength in depth is already really apparent.

Worrying that so many of the young batsmen are struggling (and yes, the coaching again must be questioned).
otis liked this
By otis
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 4:55 pm
A brave effort from Rudolph again, but the lack of strength in depth is already really apparent.

Worrying that so many of the young batsmen are struggling (and yes, the coaching again must be questioned).
Or should we say the LACK of coaching Nick!
By exileKT8
Pretty sobering defeat and a heavy one at that to a side I see had only won one 50 over game since Aug 2014 and have lost every game this season bar a rain affected one at Lords where they conceded 350. Can`t blame a wet ball this time as against Surrey. Strange re Donald, do batsmen need a rest at this stage of the season ? Loathe to criticise Hogan who has been so good for so long but he does seem to be easy to hit these days. More promise from Carlson presumably now thought of as a bat, not a spin option by management ? Somerset next who are in good form....
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm
Pretty sobering defeat and a heavy one at that to a side I see had only won one 50 over game since Aug 2014 and have lost every game this season bar a rain affected one at Lords where they conceded 350. Can`t blame a wet ball this time as against Surrey. Strange re Donald, do batsmen need a rest at this stage of the season ? Loathe to criticise Hogan who has been so good for so long but he does seem to be easy to hit these days. More promise from Carlson presumably now thought of as a bat, not a spin option by management ? Somerset next who are in good form....
Hogan himself admitted he was off the pace last season and the hope was that a winter off would allow him to refuel. Not sure that has happened. We need TvdG back.
By Vetchetarian
Ssadly, I think we have seen the best of Hogan. It was evident last season that he was in decline, the writing on the wall, albeit in small letters.
A glance at the ODC bowling averages finds him in last place, having taken one wicket for 150 runs.
By Iron Mike
Sussex 292/6 beat
Glamorgan 241 by 50 runs

Couldn't follow it much but Sussex away is as hard as it gets...down there always feels like a far flung away game against a home side who use their lightning fast outfield even in the damp to their advantage on a small ground.

Hopefully that's the hardest trip done. I hear a few positives to take as ever. Be great to get past Somerset...best time to play them I suppose as we need to come back from this and the Surrey defeat. We can be strong at home in white ball too...

http://www.espncricinfo.com/county-cric ... 95776.html
By hujon64
Can't blame Rudolph as he's been playing well and really pleased to see Cooke doing well after an indifferent start to season. Surprised to see Donald replaced but agree with others that our bowling is lacking and need Vg and Wagg back. Depth seems to be lacking in both areas and, of course, confidence must be low. Somerset have had a fantastic, battling start so won't be an easy game.
Somerset v Glamorgan t20 13 Jul

Match 13 of 14 is our final away game and a trip t[…]

Don Shepherd

The great man is 90 years old today, and here is a[…]

Jim Allenby

I came across this interesting article yesterday .[…]

I know I must do better

Received a few remarks on Sunday about not being a[…]