A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Back to the Gardens to face Somerset who look early favourites to win the tournament or at least to qualify.

Be great to overcome them in what will be a stern test, however we do play them a fair bit in white ball and have a good t20 record of late against them.

Hopefully Timm will be back and will be interesting to see if young Donald will play. He has had a lot of cricket in his nascent career you would think he is older than 20. Who'd be a coach?

Surprisingly not many longer list A matches in Cardiff . The first one being the two clubs very first list a match back in 1963 at the Arms Park..65 overs a side and you could declare. Somerset did just that infamously in 1979 at Worcester then the rule changed. Be great to get a win again tomorrow...
http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 68566.html
By Nick_Glam
Would be a great effort to get a positive result.

Am I right in thinking that Ingram's new contract means that he won't be playing Championship cricket next season? That will leave a massive hole in the batting line-up.
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 8:24 am
Would be a great effort to get a positive result.

Am I right in thinking that Ingram's new contract means that he won't be playing Championship cricket next season? That will leave a massive hole in the batting line-up.
From the BBC Sport page, in the wake of new contact agreement -- " he will not play four-day cricket for the Welsh county after this summer".
Presumably he won't be able to play four-day cricket for any other county either.
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Fri May 05, 2017 10:50 am
Hogan needs to have a good game, he is proving rather expensive and needs to show he is still a good bowler.
Just as we are writing Hogan off he comes back with a tight spell of 8-0-15-1. Hopefully he can outwit the batsmen in his last 2.
By hujon64
Just logged on to score. Pleased to see Hogan getting best bowling figures but Allenby showing what a loss he was, leaving because of shabbily treated re Captaincy. Somerset relishing this competition and can't help being pleased for Matthew Maynard. Would have been good to see this on SKY - England v Ireland nearly over already. Hope Glamorgan can make a game of this.
v Leics 2 (floodlit)

Good to see Duckett back in gear in such attacking[…]

Floodlit Championship!

Floodlit? More like flood ravaged! Our climate w[…]

Onwards to the lovely market town of Chester-le-St[…]

Gave up so starting again!!!! I suppose my rating[…]