A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Essex come down to the Gardens for match 5. After being truly lanced by the Sabres who seem to be marching to Lords it will be interesting to see how our young promising bowlers do against Alistair Cook a week after facing Sangakkara....if he plays of course.

Perhaps we will pack the side again with batsmen and quicks to match fire with fire again. Should be a good one but feels like last opportunity to try to climb out of the group and go on a run.

Plenty of longer list a matches between the two at the Gardens...I remember this one on a baking hot Sunday in 2003 when the then England captain used the game as an opportunity to get time in the middle. Opening the innings with the future national coach who made 0. Appreciated Edward and Don's sage comments on the radio at the time (whatever happened to Sunday Spin live on MW?) of playing for form in a glorified net but proves there is no substitute for getting experience than being out there. That is one of the beautiful ironies of cricket...exposure can bring rewards. Be get to get another win....
http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 21068.html
By otis
As I said in my last post time for changes, but I expect Croft will name the same squad when the Curry Club meets tonight :)
By exileKT8
Good news in that William Hill have such faith in Glamorgan that they have us 5/4 to win, on our current form that is not very generous to put it mildly.

So have I understood it correctly that Ingram will play all forms of cricket next season and only 1 day the following year.

Is there something in De Lange putting in some promising spells at Leics, Sussex and Glos but getting some hammer at Cardiff. Is he trying to bang it in on a slow wicket ? If he has genuine pace but perhaps not variation is Cardiff the best place for him to bowl and begs the next question why sign an out and out quick. Even Waqar didn`t get many wickets at Cardiff , the 2 games he won on his own in the title year were at Liverpool and Swansea.

Anyway best of luck to the boys today, a good day yesterday for Welsh soccer so lets hope our cricketers upset the odds too.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 11:12 am
So have I understood it correctly that Ingram will play all forms of cricket next season and only 1 day the following year.
I thought the white ball only contract was for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
By glamman
Unfortunately Glamorgan continuing to try and disprove the commonly held view that in the modern game the bat dominates the ball. :doh: 21/2 after 7.
Last edited by glamman on Sun May 07, 2017 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Iron Mike
44/2 after 16...we chose to bat and now the sun is coming out at the Gardens.
Bragg and Ingram look like they're dropping anchor. We need a big partnership for an hour or so.
By exileKT8
T
glamman wrote:
exileKT8 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 11:12 am
I thought the white ball only contract was for the 2018 and 2019 seasons.
Thanks, so unless Rudolph`s contract is extended, no Rudolph or Ingram in the 4 day game. I guess Ingram`s knee behind his decision. Room for an overseas bat replacement if we can afford one.
By Nick_Glam
Really good effort again from Ingram, Bragg and Carlson to rescue the innings.

Should be able to post a competitive total at least here...
By hujon64
After a disastrous start, good to see Bragg knuckling down in only his second game and Carlson doing well. What would we do without Ingram? My understanding is he's only playing one dayers from 2017 season. Wouldn't expect Rudolph to stay after this season so, hopefully, a proven batsman coming in. Think there could be a big sort out in the coaching team, too. Donald down to batting 7 now!!!
By Nick_Glam
hujon64 wrote:
Sun May 07, 2017 1:47 pm
After a disastrous start, good to see Bragg knuckling down in only his second game and Carlson doing well. What would we do without Ingram? My understanding is he's only playing one dayers from 2017 season. Wouldn't expect Rudolph to stay after this season so, hopefully, a proven batsman coming in. Think there could be a big sort out in the coaching team, too. Donald down to batting 7 now!!!
I would have thought that if Rudolph leaves, then two new batsmen may well be brought in. A new overseas player and maybe another Kolpak signing...
Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

Matt Coles

Surely time he was dropped from the one day team. […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Joint captains

Pleased to see Ingram given captaincy of white bal[…]