A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Outgrounds day with the firsts visiting Radlett for the first time. A nice smallish ground in Hertfordshire behind Tabard RFC'S Cobden Hill ground off the Roman road Watling Street...a good one to tick off.

Be interesting to see if Middlesex's 3 players from the Ireland ODI series will play . Glam should be full of confidence after the Sunday thriller at the Gardens. Be great to get another win in what should be another high scoring game.

This tournament on mainly midweek days really has a retro feel to it...like the 1 day cups of old which is not a bad thing. One day cricket shouldn't be sacrificed for more non-list A t20..both have their place in moderation.

We had a 2 day B&H washout at Uxbridge in 1983 so we're surely unbeaten in longer list A on their outgrounds!

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 81941.html

The other outground being Newbury where the twos take on the Unicorns in their ODC.. Hopefully no last minute dashes up the M4/M25 and we win both!
By glamman
Twos playing Leics today - good to see Smith back bowling - hopefully he can have an injury-free run.
Also playing today are Donald, Morgan, Salter, Bull and Selman. Would be good to see Carey back in the starting XI tomorrow. Not sure what the ground dimensions are like at Radlett but also hopefully we will play a spinner. That maybe at the expense of Donald unless he scores some runs today.
Good luck to all!
By glamman
209 opening stand for the 2's between Selman and Morgan the latter just falling short of a century. Selman now joined by Donald needing 39 off 40 balls with 9 wickets in hand - shouldn't lose from there! :nervous:
By glamman
Big win for the 2's today against Leics. Won by 9 wickets with almost 3 overs in hand. 99 from Morgan and an unbeaten century from Selman. Donald came into finish the game off with 35 off 21 balls including 2 fours and 3 sixes.
By hujon64
A very good day for the second team especially the 3 young players who scored all the runs for an excellent win. Following this, perhaps Selman should be given a chance in 50 overs although I have sympathy for Lloyd who would be much better suited to playing down the order. Cupboard is not bare but need to ensure these youngsters get the necessary coaching - batting coach vital!
By djronnieb65
I see that Morgan scored another big score today
This again going in what I said last season about his batting qualities
I still think Morgan could become a very good opening batsman
He shows all the resolve needed to become an opener and we need someone to take over from our star? opener Rudolph next season
He done well in that position last season and looks ready made for that position
Our match tomorrow again should see Ingram having a few sixes on their small ground
There's no doubt that Ingram must now rank very highly in one day cricket top hitters
We are very lucky to have such a great player
Anyway here's hoping for a good win tomorrow
By glamman
hujon64 wrote:
Tue May 09, 2017 10:34 pm
A very good day for the second team especially the 3 young players who scored all the runs for an excellent win. Following this, perhaps Selman should be given a chance in 50 overs although I have sympathy for Lloyd who would be much better suited to playing down the order. Cupboard is not bare but need to ensure these youngsters get the necessary coaching - batting coach vital!
From the start of this competition I have said that Selman might be a better option opening as he was scoring runs. However could not have a top 3 of him Rudolph and Bragg. We might not get into double figures by the end of the first power play :yes:
For the same reason Morgan is not really the best option opening in limited over matches. As has been said, he will dig in but cannot have too many of those in the modern 50 over game.
By glamman
Disappointing not to see Carey or Salter today. The Glamorgan history of not rotating seamers as opposed to what most other counties tend to do continues. Carey has just been playing club cricket for the last 2 weeks. Not sure what is best for his development. Obviously don't want to over bowl him but needs to get experience and have confidence shown in him.
By djronnieb65
Oh dear in a game in which we were cruising at one stage we go and throw it away
Once again Ingram was our star and top scored with 53
Nice to see Lloyd back on the runs with a very good 48
After some of the problems that Middlesex had batting you would have thought our batsmen would have been more care and selective with their shots
Finn was the main wicket taker and his 4-39 and he bowled well
Very disappointed because we should have won this match
The need for a good batting coach is sticking out like a sore thumb
It's becoming the same old thing with us being let down by our batting
If we didn't have Ingram playing we would be bottom of the table without a point
We are probably out of the one day cup for another year
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]