A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
These lads have been coached since they were at least 12. Techniques have been drilled, honed and grooved repeatedly since then at County/Regional/National levels.

So, they have techniques, they are given opportunities and then the onus is on them to go and make it work for them. It's tough, and young players get worked out. It's up to them to find a way. Coaches coach 'textbook' stance, trigger movements and discourage unorthodox. Great players do it their own way.

The strong succeed - the others fall by the wayside.
By glamman
Shamu wrote:
Thu May 11, 2017 12:05 pm
These lads have been coached since they were at least 12. Techniques have been drilled, honed and grooved repeatedly since then at County/Regional/National levels.

So, they have techniques, they are given opportunities and then the onus is on them to go and make it work for them. It's tough, and young players get worked out. It's up to them to find a way. Coaches coach 'textbook' stance, trigger movements and discourage unorthodox. Great players do it their own way.

I assume this is notion is based on detailed knowledge of how professional sport works?

The strong succeed - the others fall by the wayside.
By glamman
Going back to Terry Jenner, I attended a spin bowling coaching masterclass a number of years ago with him and he recounted having to fly over to India during a Test series because Anil Kumble was struggling and Kumble asked him for help. Do not tell me that 19 and 20 year olds just starting in the game should be left to sink or swim.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Alun
Referring to previous comments re yesterday's performance the difference between the two sides was a certain Steven Finn. I know I was there!!!

His bowling was a class above others on display yesterday. Rudolph and Lloyd were playing well until Rudolph got a ball that bounced on him, the caught and bowled of Bragg was quite brilliant, how Finn got down so low on the follow through was quite brilliant.

Yes, the middle order was a struggle but in the past few seasons we have had tail that would have seen us through. I think we miss Wagg in these situations.

Tomorrow's another day!!
exileKT8, Nick_Glam liked this

....so he said to Radio Kent during this final wea[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]