A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By djronnieb65
What a player Ingram is
A fantastic ton to set up a brilliant victory with great support from Rudolph and Cooke
It seems so unfair on Ingram that we won't qualify for the quarter finals
Ingram is without doubt the best one day player in the country on current form
We looked down and out after 20 overs with 3 wickets down and not even reached 100 runs
The way Ingram scored his runs is unbelievable scoring 7 sixes in his famtastoc innings
If only we had more players to support him in the batting then we would be looking at a place in the quarter finals
It was nice to see Cooke back to his best
His 50 came off just 24 balls
A mention for De Lange for his 4-39
Let's hope we can now do well in twenty 20 and get to the finals
We should all be privileged to have a player in Ingram who scores runs without any fear and can also bowl a bit
Vetchetarian, Iron Mike liked this
By glamman
I heartily congratulate the team - they did well in the end to restrict Hampshire to 332 given the start they had. A number of good knocks especially from Ingram and Cooke. Would have been frustrating if we had fallen just short given the form Ingram is in. My feeling is that your best batsman goes in at 3 but as many have pointed out on this site - I know nothing. :)
Iron Mike liked this
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 7:18 pm
I heartily congratulate the team - they did well in the end to restrict Hampshire to 332 given the start they had. A number of good knocks especially from Ingram and Cooke. Would have been frustrating if we had fallen just short given the form Ingram is in. My feeling is that your best batsman goes in at 3 but as many have pointed out on this site - I know nothing. :)
I'm happy to state that I am NOT one of the "many". :no: :)
By Iron Mike
Hampshire 332/6 lost to
Glamorgan 334/7 by 3 wickets

Absolutely fantastic win at the Rose Bowl with a ball to spare. Another game that had everything which again will live long in the memory.

Good start with Hampshire on the ropes at 54/3 with Dai Lange getting 5 wickets in the end...and sent off.

Roussow who got a huge score at Taunton was out early. In came Vince, played himself in then with Dawson teed off...both chanceless throughout a record 4th wicket partnership for them. Vince showing why England believe in him with 178 - just 1 more than Greenidge hit against us in the 70s.

Rudolph at backward point getting a nasty looking injury to a hand so he couldn't open. Lloyd and Bragg opened, the former soon out. Cc haymaker Salter promoted but couldn't hit out so easy. Carlson good effort 33..he will be some player. Ingram 115 with some exemplary range hitting, Rudolph 28 did a job but Cooke 59 unbeaten got us home with support from Meschede and Dai Lange.

The Hampshire fans got on their teams backs as we eked our way to the line and over it. The locals have been happier. .after all they have been spoiled on success. Pandemonium again at the end.

As good as the thriller at the Gardens and Canterbury last summer. Theres something special about longer list a cricket!

http://m.espncricinfo.com/royal-london- ... 68480.html

FORZA GLAM!
Vetchetarian, exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
A great result and I must admit that at the halfway stage, I didn't see there being much chance of that.

The experienced players must take full credit again with Carlson the best of the youngsters.
By uskexile
What a brilliant run chase! I was only able to listen until 4:30pm at which point I didn't think we'd get anywhere near. I was amazed to see that we won. Very pleased that Cooke was able to help Ingram get us over the line. He has struggled with the bat so far but good to see he is capable of a big innings when needed. So disappointing that a few wins like this couldn't have come earlier. Wins like this will build team confidence but sadly the tournament is over for us this year. Hope we can produce another good performance at Swansea.
By exileKT8
Interestingly, Ingram is the top run scorer in the tournament, and Marchant the leading wicket taker.
[/quote]

Interestingly, or perhaps it doesn`t bear thinking too deeply about. We have won 3, lost 4 with one honourable defeat at Middx, but where would we have been without our SA contingent. Carlson being the about the only shining home grown light. Totally hypothetical but without De Lange`s wickets and Ingram / JR / Cooke and Mescede runs we could / would have lost by over 200 runs at Hants.

We are not alone of course, Hants themselves had 5 overseas of whatever description and didn`t play Berg or Edwards. 12 out of the top 20 Royal London are overseas, inc JR.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]