A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Swansea...one of the highlights of the calendar. So much history down there ..with its fabled turning wicket being part of the old ground's charm.

Interesting to see if Salter and Tredwell both play. Also Harris and Donald for a pressure free runout. Bell-Drummond and Stevens two of their side always worth watching, perhaps making their first and last visit to Swansea respectively.

So much history at Swansea in longer list a, semi finals won and lost. Kent have a list a pedigree of silverware too and won twice in the old B&H day group games at Swansea in 83 and 90, the latter when we were already through...
http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 91301.html

Hopefully the sun will attract a decent crowd there again. Sould be a good one...not as if this ODC campaign hasn't had its moments!
By hujon64
Problems with wi-fi, hence sporadic posting. Superb win yesterday and hope the sun shines in Swansea for fans and in terms of the result. Understand Glam still have a very slim chance of qualifying based on tomorrow and lots of other performances.
By TWrex
Only a slim chance of Glamorgan progressing but will accept a defeat for Kent today if it helps.
My father was a sport loving Welshman so Glamorgan naturally became my second county, though as my username hints at my family connection is from the north of the country.
Would still like a Kent win & hopefully it will be as entertaining game for those attending as the Hampshire game the other day who ever comes out on top. After a poor start to the season Glamorgan seemed to have rallied, best of luck for the rest of the season.
exileKT8, Iron Mike liked this
By Iron Mike
Very remote...Sussex have Hampshire in the week too.

Fireworks in the sun here..Ingram 114 now out. Carlson in 251/3 in 40th.

Come on Braggy..
Last edited by Iron Mike on Sun May 14, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Nick_Glam
Great stuff from Ingram (again!) and Bragg, and good to see the likes of Carlson, Lloyd and Salter contributing as well. Surely even Glamorgan's bowlers can defend 356... :)
By TWrex
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun May 14, 2017 2:30 pm
Great stuff from Ingram (again!) and Bragg, and good to see the likes of Carlson, Lloyd and Salter contributing as well. Surely even Glamorgan's bowlers can defend 356... :)
Indeed a very good score, we may need as many as 45 overs to overhaul it :drunk:
Vetchetarian liked this
By exileKT8
Indeed a very good score, we may need as many as 45 overs to overhaul it :drunk:
[/quote]

Small boundaries at Swansea, Kent have enough quality hitters in their top 6 Stevens Blake and Billings to chase it down in 45 overs with comfort.
Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

Matt Coles

Surely time he was dropped from the one day team. […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Joint captains

Pleased to see Ingram given captaincy of white bal[…]