A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Glamorgan 356 beat
Kent 341 by 15 runs

Kent put us in and must have regretted it with Lloyd off like a train but soon out on 32. Both openers put with score on 39. Ingram and Bragg put on 212 for the 4th wicket before Ingram was out for 114...another ton of top quality. Bragg career list a best 94. Carlson 19 perished reaching the rope. More swinging ended with Salter haymaking again to help post 356.

Tredwell tricky as ever and Coles doing well for Kent with the ball. Set 357...not impossible with luck in the middle but Glam 's fielding intensity paid off with 2 quick wickets to get Kent 76/3.

In marched Stevens to join Billings...out pinned with great range hitting including stopping the traffic at the Mumbles Road end. His list a best 147 pstaged Ingram and put Kent into contention...using St Helens as a driving range. Young Bumble bounced him out then got Blake soon after. The range hitting kept going until Carey snared Haggett, next over Coles run out direct hit from Salter. 304/8 after 41.

Tense ending with run rate slowing down and tail enders against tight bowling. Lloyd castled Hartley to make it 311/9. The spills continued until Tredwell was run out. Superb match. ..2 centurions and Lloyd 5/53

Great advert for list A cricket again and well done both sides for putting on a show. Shame there was a loser.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/royal-london- ... 68492.html

FORZA GLAM !
By TWrex
That must have been a good day's entertainment & congratulations to Glamorgan, sadly I don't think it will be enough for you to progress. Safe journey home to all the Kent supporters who travelled it was good to know there were a fair few in attendance.
Glamorgan always seem to bring good support on their visits so doubtless there will many at Canterbury to end the season in September. I wonder where both counties will find themselves, will promotion be at stake, for one or both, or will it be a gentle end to the 2017 season for them?
By hujon64
Swansea in the sunshine with a view of the sea and a tremendous win - must have been a perfect day for supporters, players and management. Colin Ingram is some player but well done to all the others who supported him so well with personal bests and equalling records. If only could write this more often!
Vetchetarian liked this
By Vetchetarian
One of the commentator's referred to St. Helen's as being an "out ground". I could have wept when I heard that. "Out ground", indeed. Sad to reflect that most of the Club's history was created there, at the "out ground".

Anyway, back to the match, and what a titanic one it was.
Terrific batting performance by Glam, especially Bragg and Ingram.
Facing a huge total Kent made a slightly jittery start but they soon got back on track.
A herculean innings by Darren Stevens almost single handedly winning the game for them.
Lloyd had a good day with bat and ball.
exileKT8 liked this
By Iron Mike
To be fair Vetch, St Helens is seen by many as the second and spiritual home of Glam and not just by those in the west.

Yes it has seen better days and needs doing up..however for all the modernisation in the game there continues to be a place for Swansea..as there should be.

Hampshire alienated quite a bit of their support when Portsmouth was dropped. Appreciate the need for your own permanent facilities but a lot goes on to take fc cricket to Swansea and it's great the two teams put on a such a show.

Long may fc cricket continue there..the sea view from the clubhouse end is simply unmatched on the circuit...even better when the sun is out!

Not trying to start a xxx ground is best argument but we're lucky to have fc cricket in Wales and spoiled having 3 home grounds on the calendar.
Vetchetarian, exileKT8 liked this
By runinthesun
The day at Swansea more than lived up to its promises. Always enjoy the cricket trip to Swansea and huge thanks to all those who have to plan and work so hard to put it on. All the facilities for a great cricket day are there, shabbiness not a detraction from the wonderful atmosphere. But how did you arrange such a brilliant match?!
By Ian
I agree with all of the above.

Just one thing to add. The 700 runs wouldn't have happened without a good pitch to bat on.

It's early season, albeit we've had a dry Spring, but it's been previously thought that you can't play at Swansea early season because the pitch won't be good enough. Yesterday disproved that, so credit should go to all of those who ensured that no one could moan about the playing surface.

....so he said to Radio Kent during this final wea[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]