A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
After my moaning and groaning and despair of yesterday, must give huge credit to the two 'overseas' players, Ingram and Cooke, who batted superbly today showing true grit and character. Know that Ingram is class and surprised this hasn't been recognised internationally but was a little worried about Cooke in 4 dayers this year. Combining wicket keeping duties with batting seemed to have blunted his scoring so delighted that he is back on track and long may it continue.

Donald was out to a shocker yesterday but him and Lloyd helped so credit to them, too. If only we could be consistent!
Discodai liked this
Day 4 end of match
Glamorgan 187 and 420/5d
Nottinghamshire 448

Had updates during the day, theme being the belief that we were making a game of it...even more so as the time wore on.

Cooke and Ingram having a day out against an unshabby bowing attack. Dai iawn to both...remaining unbeaten on 113 and 155 respectively. Cooke making 3000 fc runs in the process and Ingram's endurance record on a good batting wicket. Thanks to Newport Scorer who had a great days cricket...Patel getting purchase out of the surface and Fletcher asking him if he could bowl at one point!

This mother of all object lessons in crease occupancy surely now the benchmark of obduracy that would even make Boycott gush.

Does anyone know..?
1. When was the last full days play...or to the agreed draw in the last hour when a Glam wicket did not fall whilst batting for the whole day?
2. When was the last time Glam batted as many overs?
3. When was the last time Glam faced the third new ball?

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68597.html
Well well what a day that was for Ingram and Cooke! Amazing application. Could be that the move down the order is necessary with him keeping. Ingram has taken his 50 over form back to the CC.

We just need some more constant standards throughout the team.
By Shamu
Having spoken to a member of the Notts team post game, they were of the opinion that they'd still be bowling now on that wicket !

Preparing such a dead wicket was Glamorgan's only chance of going 4 days against Notts.

They did indeed apply themselves well on day 4. It's the previous 3 days that concerned me. It's all about winning your home games - we were not in the same class . The league table doesn't lie !

Would expect a similar wicket at St. Helen's -

Minus Rudolf and Ingram next season - perhaps Discodai and Glamman should pad up !
Shamu wrote:Having spoken to a member of the Notts team post game, they were of the opinion that they'd still be bowling now on that wicket !

Preparing such a dead wicket was Glamorgan's only chance of going 4 days against Notts.

They did indeed apply themselves well on day 4. It's the previous 3 days that concerned me. It's all about winning your home games - we were not in the same class . The league table doesn't lie !

Would expect a similar wicket at St. Helen's -

Minus Rudolf and Ingram next season - perhaps Discodai and Glamman should pad up !
No,I think there are people on here who should be way higher up the batting order than me.
By Shamu
Having witnessed you frolicking around the St. Helens outfield with a tennis ball during breaks, I'm inclined to agree with you for the first time.

Are those shorts going to be making an appearance this weekend ? 😂

....so he said to Radio Kent during this final wea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]