A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
After the ODC thrills back to the CC for Notts first CC visit sine 2005. Shame to only play them just once this year. There are plenty if Glam fans who haven't seen their team at Trent Bridge.

Despite being early leaders and favourites to win the division it will be interesting to see how Peter Moore's side with so much d1 and international experience fare. Should be a good one...be great to win in CC again at the Gardens.

2004 had a washed out draw after Anurag Singh made a ton. Pietersen was qualifying for England then. Both teams got promoted that summer...who wouldn't want a repeat in this?

http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 12486.html
By glamman
Don't think there will be much change from the last Championship game where the XI that took the field was:
Rudolph, Selman, Lloyd, Ingram, Donald, Cooke, Carlson, Salter, de Lange, Carey, Hogan

Bragg will come in at 3 and TvdG may replace Hogan if he is still has an injury. TvdG and Salter took wickets this week for the 2nds. Given that we are playing Notts then they may continue to stack the batting but personally don't see the need for a pure batsman coming in at 7. Lloyd can drop down the order and expect Donald to miss out. Carlson's stock seems to be on the rise.
By glamman
2's just started against Hants in Southampton. Morgan and Smith playing and Lawlor back.
Therefore tomorrow's 1st team squad looks like being Rudolph, Selman, Lloyd, Ingram, Donald, Cooke, Carlson, Salter, de Lange, Carey, Hogan, Bragg, TvdG
By exileKT8
Agree Carlson is very unlucky if he is dropped, maybe it`s more of a rest / rotation issue. Does he have some important exams at this time ? I`m sure and I hope we will see plenty more of him in all formats of the game. His scoring rate was good throughout the 50 over games. Let`s see what Donald can do, if he is a genuine Test prospect as some in the cricket media have suggested then this Notts attack albeit minus Pattinson will be a good measure of how good he is.
Glamorgan
Nottinghamshire 335/6

Chanpionship cricket at its classic absorbing best...a good day to win the toss and bat in the sunshine. We had other ideas on the whiteish Gardens wicket. Frugal tight bowling and fielding intensity to put the brakes on from the off.

Notts were forced to crawl along until halfway through the day. Timm got Mullaney caught behind then Pujara and Patel went too cheaply. Patel had his pads rapped and the umpire chose against raising a perpendicular finger. Donald great diving catch to remove Pujara.

After 64/3 at lunch Lumb on 0 seemed caught behind, started walking and about turned back to the crease when Cooke admitted the ball bounced just before he caught it. Very sporting. Carey got him on 23. Son of Keppler stuck around to make it 155/4 at tea.

Despite the run rate being condensed it got better Libby made 109... with his chanceless ton coming in the 73rd before falling to Timm.

Scoring got a bit easier with the new ball.. Wessels 100 off 118 balls, finishing on 120..another highlight as was Carey who impressed again...on another day he'll have more in the w column. Timm 4/52 excellent. All the bowlers did well. Notts proving they bat so deep a score of 400+ should be quite attainable.

Be interesting to see how this game pans out...

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68597.html
glamman wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Painful last session for Glamorgan. Lack of an effective 5th bowler is a problem. Salter also lacking control.
Yeah, I think that sums it up.

In some ways Meschede should be in the side, but he seems to have declined over the past couple of years. Wagg can't return soon enough...
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]