A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 11:35 pm
glamman wrote:
Fri May 19, 2017 5:44 pm
Painful last session for Glamorgan. Lack of an effective 5th bowler is a problem. Salter also lacking control.
Yeah, I think that sums it up.

In some ways Meschede should be in the side, but he seems to have declined over the past couple of years. Wagg can't return soon enough...
I had completely forgotten about Meschede. Not in squad. Would certainly improve balance of the side in the absence of Wagg but not played any of the 4 day games this season.
This site has now become almost as bad as most other sites, re adverts. Sad to say. I'm thoroughly sick of being bombarded with adverts for things I have no interest in.

On the cricket front, when was the last time three batsmen scored centuries in the same innings against Glam ?

Weather permitting, of course, but another hammering in the offing. Even sadder.
Selman continues his run of either falling in single figures or getting a century.

Realistically playing to save the game now, with the bowling attack having been pretty much a 3-man effort for the most part.
By bobbly4
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 2:04 pm
This site has now become almost as bad as most other sites, re adverts. Sad to say. I'm thoroughly sick of being bombarded with adverts for things I have no interest in.

On the cricket front, when was the last time three batsmen scored centuries in the same innings against Glam ?

Weather permitting, of course, but another hammering in the offing. Even sadder.
Agree re adverts and would also like to add that they underline the often misogynistic nature of this forum. I still read the posts but became uneasy with the tone of some of them and ceased posting some while ago. I notice that very few women are active on here.

Sadly having logged in to post this, needless to say, I shall promptly log back out again!
bobbly4 wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 4:01 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Agree re adverts and would also like to add that they underline the often misogynistic nature of this forum. I still read the posts but became uneasy with the tone of some of them and ceased posting some while ago. I notice that very few women are active on here.

Sadly having logged in to post this, needless to say, I shall promptly log back out again!
I agree on the ads, really annoying.

Do you have any examples of the misogynistic comments on this forum? This seems like the kind of comment you would like to qualify. I've read all the comments on this thread and have found them all to be cricket related.
glamman wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:50 pm
Misogynistic- reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of women.

Not sure I can think of any posts which fall into this category.
Nor can I. It seems a strange assertion. Perhaps he's getting confused with football forums, where it's more or less par for the course.
Day 2 close
Glamorgan 187 trail
Nottinghamshire 448 by 261 runs

Thanks to Cynonexile and Dai for the updates...5 wickets to help bring the end of the Notts innings at long last.

Rudolph kept grinding..joined by Donald who hadn't faced Broad et al before and enjoyed a good partnership with Lloyd.. broken by the latter out. Dai iawn Donald for his 53.

262 the initial target tomorrow then...surely Notts will bowl again?

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68597.html
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:53 pm
glamman wrote:
Sat May 20, 2017 5:50 pm
Misogynistic- reflecting or exhibiting hatred, dislike, mistrust, or mistreatment of women.

Not sure I can think of any posts which fall into this category.
Nor can I. It seems a strange assertion. Perhaps he's getting confused with football forums, where it's more or less par for the course.
As a female poster and usually sensitive to these things, I can't say I have noticed misogyny on here. Maybe on topics I haven't been following?
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]