A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Shamu
Today exemplified the huge gulf between Div 1 and Div 2 counties. The fact that Notts were relegated last season is an indicator of the strength of Div 1 cricket. We are absolutely miles away from that standard and at times today it was like watching a Minor County.
We looked clueless against a decent Notts side missing Hales, Ball, and Pattinson.
As a batting unit - we were a shambles on a pitch devoid of any pace and grass (as requested by Glam) to nullify the Notts seamers.
There are posters on here lauding Donald for his 50 - well, he looked a walking wicket and played the most irresponsible shots once again.
exileKT8, Vetchetarian liked this
I would go further and say that there is a "huge gap" between teams at the top of Div.2 and Glamorgan, who I feel would struggle in the Minor Counties League.

Re some posters " lauding of Donald for his 50 ", I take your point, but nobody got hurt, and they presumably gained a modicum of comfort from his achievement.
By hujon64
I am getting to the stage where I cannot watch live coverage and dread checking scores - where is the pride and determination or am I looking at past players through rose-tinted spectacles? Has the predominance of 'foreign' players somehow dimmed the Glamorgan/Wales allegiance?

Where on earth do we go from here?
By glamman
This pitch is as flat as any you are going to get. No pace so not easy scoring but batsmen should be able to make bowlers work hard to get wickets. Notts bowlers have now bowled nearly 70 overs so if someone willing to battle there will be easier runs available later on today. That's what Notts did in their first innings.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 10:30 am
I am getting to the stage where I cannot watch live coverage and dread checking scores - where is the pride and determination or am I looking at past players through rose-tinted spectacles? Has the predominance of 'foreign' players somehow dimmed the Glamorgan/Wales allegiance?

Where on earth do we go from here?
I know many here disagree but I would still question the coaching and development of young players from 15/16 years of age onwards. Who is working with the batsmen to try and help them get things right?
We are miles away from being an average division 2 team
There's no doubt that our biggest problem is the coaching within the club
Yes we have some decent players in Carey , Donald , Carlson and Morgan
We have to rely on our South African players to get scores and take wickets
The one day cup was a huge disappointment becacause we should have come third
We lost the match against Middlesex through our own bad play
Until we get a director of cricket from outside of the club then all our problems will continue
A new director of cricket would be responsible for everything cricket within the club
He could sort out the academy and hire and fire the coaching staff as he sees fit
I'm also sure he would get a recognised batting coach in aswell
Seeing the way Donald was out yesterday that is from bad habits
A batting coach would sort that out
So until the blindfolds are taken off the powers that be ,get ready for more mainly downs this season
Ghostie Mallender wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:36 pm
Interesting to see James Kettleborough in the Northants side today against South Africa. What did you guys think of him at Glamorgan?
Hi Ghostie...I felt Kettlebrough promised much and had his chances. We were so pleased to have had him from d1 and looked the part. He knew his own space out in the middle but often got put when settling in. Saw him get a good knock more than once and grind out crease occupation but mainly away from the Gardens. Good temperament perhaps more suited to the longer form.
Hope he does well for you.
Iron Mike wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 12:52 pm
Hi Ghostie...I felt Kettlebrough promised much and had his chances. We were so pleased to have had him from d1 and looked the part. He knew his own space out in the middle but often got put when settling in. Saw him get a good knock more than once and grind out crease occupation but mainly away from the Gardens. Good temperament perhaps more suited to the longer form.
Hope he does well for you.
Thanks Mike.
Of course, we had James before he joined Glamorgan and I was disappointed that he left us (I think we only offered him a 1 year deal). Good to see him back although probably only on a trial basis, as we have Chesney Hughes in our side today as well.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]