A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Iron Mike
Second half of Swansea festival...hard game against a good Durham side still reeling from Hampshire winning the AGM cup. Looking forward to seeing former England stalwart Collingwood play... his autograph will be keenly sought after in perhaps his last playing visit to Wales.

Wagg probably not back yet but be interesting to see who plays after the blockout battle at the Gardens. Carlson deserves a cc chance, which will come in time. The new cc skipper may well return . If the wicket is anything as good as the Kent ODC game it will be a belter in the promised continued sunshine.

Durham are on tour after 4 day runfest at Hove that finished in defeat. Only their second ever visit to Swansea following their cc win in 1995 and no visits as a minor county is surprising as the first mc fixture between the two counties was in 1905 home and away then again the year after. Matches in Cardiff, Hartlepool and Sunderland the clubs organised themselves.

The game at Gardens in 2003 had its moments...
http://m.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/cur ... 33811.html
By Iron Mike
92/2 at lunch.
Good bowling endeavour with these two batsmen being aided by a few nicks. All runs on the board but hopefully the breakthrough will come after lunch.
By Iron Mike
Day 1
Glamorgan
Durham 342

Durham won the toss and chose to bat. Dai bowled England starlet Jennings early from the sea end followed by Timm snaring Cook lbw to Timm. From 17/2 the batsmen profited off a few nicks from some very good bowling to take the score to 92/2 at lunch.

Soon after Hogan got his man in Clark for 48 before Collingwood arrived to a warm welcome. Steel made a good 59. Strong pace bowling restricting 183/5 at tea.

Collingwood showing his class to reach an excellent century after the new balll with 127. Salter being hit for 20 before getting the big wicket.

Clatter of wickets at the end with the debuting skipper ending on 5/49.

Swansea has an atmosphere of its own. The hubbub and chatter makes it perhaps the west Wales version of a Test match. People come from far and wide to St Helens for the fixtures here...great to see a few Durham supporters too.

Nice touch from the umpires giving Rudolph a pat on the back when taking the field at the start. The flags at half mast too.

Nowhere better in the sunshine than here to watch cricket. Long may it continue.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68604.html
Vetchetarian liked this
By lovecricket
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 4:38 am
A captain's effort I think it's fair to say.

The problem of the 4th bowler remains, but we are still very much in the game after the first day which has been a rarity of late.
Good summary of the day one position I think. 4th bowler a real problem, the 3 candidates today could neither control the scoring rate or take more than 1 wicket
Nick_Glam liked this
By Vetchetarian
Another opening pair failure. I'm not supposed to write such negative words, but hey, it's the truth.
Rudolph out for 31, with a strike rate of 206.67. Someone should have told him it's not a 20/20 game.

I despair of this team, I really do.
Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

Matt Coles

Surely time he was dropped from the one day team. […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Joint captains

Pleased to see Ingram given captaincy of white bal[…]