A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
Day 2 close
Worcestershire 267 & 34/1 trail
Glamorgan 381 by 80 runs with 9 wickets left

Day of doing. Follow on avoided with Rudolph and Cooke sharing a 168 partnership for the 7th wicket. Nice chanceless batting on a good pitch that Worcester couldn't seize the initiative from in the morning session.

Rudolph survived the only appeal...a 6/10 appeal at best..of the session on 96 then got to his 100. Great knock of exemplary composure. First batting point which seemed far away last night. 202/6 at lunch. Not losing a wicket in a session again can become a nice habit.

Cooke caught and bowled for 94 at 226, who deserved a ton. In the same over Leach castled Rudolph for 111. Second bonus point, parity and a lead by the time the ever popular ladies pavilion opened with Salter and Carey going well. 304/8 at tea.

Carey brought up his 50 with a bullet 4 to deep square leg nearly wiping out Umpire Gough who dived out of the way! 100 partnership passed with flurry of one day style hitting. Both vying for the highest score in haymaking. 350 up by a Salter 6.

Carey out on 51 at 351/9...130 partnership. Well done again. In came the skipper to help get the 100 lead.

Amidst the fun and singing, maximum batting points was on the cards and 150 lead a possibility. It ended when Hogan was last out with Salter unbeated on a brilliant career best 80. 381 all out superb effort. Leach doing well to get 4 wickets and Tongue 6.

114 lead to be chipped away at in the final 13 overs. Mitchell out early again for 18 caught well by Ingram off Hogan. 22/1 progressed to 34/1 at bad light with 7 overs left. Play called off at 5.43pm.

Our day with so much positivity. Bring on tomorrow.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68611.html
exileKT8 liked this
By TWrex
Some recovery, was it all a cunning to make Worcs. relax & lose their focus. Any tips (besides slipping to 58 f 7) to overcome the Pears would be appreciated as Kent turn up at New Road on Monday week.
Before that we just have the little matter of trying to bat the day out against Durham to earn 5 important points for a draw.
Good luck in pressing home your advantage over the next 2 days for a win.
exileKT8 liked this
By exileKT8
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:44 pm
Despite being rubbish at batting that has been suggested,there have been scores of 420,420,350 and 380 in the last 4 matches

Fair point and there is cause for optimism in recent batting performances compared to the first two games. I think it`s a fair question to ask when we are 58/6 and a young bowler is tearing through us, is he good or we poor ?
Whatever the main points today should be a welcome return to form for JR lets hope a prelude to more now the Captaincy has gone, the continued good form of Cooke and a terrific effort by two homegrowns. Both are considered bowlers but looks like Carey can hold a bat and Salter who now averages 96. Well done to them both.
By TWrex
I see I overegged it a touch it was 58 f 6 & it was the seventh wicket stand that turned the tables. Doesn't stop it being a marvellous comeback, these stands down the order are wonderful when it is for your team, but when it is the opposition ! :brickwall:
Nick_Glam wrote:A great performance today.

I have criticised Salter in the past, but he has made a really good contribution in the past couple of games. Things are starting to look more positive.
It seemed to me having watched most of our championship matches, home and away over the last few years that Rudolph had little faith in the spinners, setting defensive fields for them, and with Salter in particular, never giving him a short leg against right-handed batsmen. Such treatment is bound to affect the confidence of the player, and puts him under increased pressure to perform.
Since Hogan has taken over he has given Salter more attacking fields, making him more effective, and renewing his belief in himself .Consequently Salter has turned his game around, to the extent that he has now cemented his place in the side as a genuine all-rounder, and a superb fielder in the gulley/backward point area, where I thought we would miss Cosker's brilliance.
Ian, exileKT8 liked this
By Ian
Glamorboy wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:23 am
Nick_Glam wrote:A great performance today.

I have criticised Salter in the past, but he has made a really good contribution in the past couple of games. Things are starting to look more positive.
It seemed to me having watched most of our championship matches, home and away over the last few years that Rudolph had little faith in the spinners, setting defensive fields for them, and with Salter in particular, never giving him a short leg against right-handed batsmen. Such treatment is bound to affect the confidence of the player, and puts him under increased pressure to perform.
Since Hogan has taken over he has given Salter more attacking fields, making him more effective, and renewing his belief in himself .Consequently Salter has turned his game around, to the extent that he has now cemented his place in the side as a genuine all-rounder, and a superb fielder in the gulley/backward point area, where I thought we would miss Cosker's brilliance.
Spot on :clap:
By hujon64
Could it be that a new Captain has inspired the side as Hogan has certainly made a great start. Also, without the stress of this, Rudolph seems to have relaxed, hence his first 100 for some time. Well done all for giving us hope and satisfaction.

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Day night pink ball cc cricket...the first floodli[…]

Jayawardene

signs for Lancashire (T20 blast) available for the[…]

v Leics 2 (floodlit)

Good to see Duckett back in gear in such attacking[…]