A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
Day 3 end of match
Worcestershire 267 & 129 lost to
Glamorgan 381 & 18/1 by 9 wickets

New Road in the sunshine with the pealing bells of the Cathedral on a Sunday. The most classical of settings with the ground a curious mix of modernity and the timeless such as its old grandstand, ladies pavilion and benches alongside the new Graeme Hick pavilion and hostility ledge by the hotel.

From 22/1 overnight DOlivera went lbw to Hogan for 22...54/2. Clarke welcomed to the middle by a venomous one by Hogan and got his man for 17...75/3 great catch by Bragg. Cox out 3 at 82/4 when Ingram held a juggling cut off Carey. Fell fell to Timm caught one handed flypaper style by Ingram above his head. 6 down when Cooke caught Barnard off Timm. 5 wickets in the morning session...a prelude to the first half hour of the afternoon.

Hogan bowled Leach 7 first over after lunch 122/7 then Carey had Whiteley caught well by Donald. 128/9 to 129 all out. Superb stuff all round enthusiastic outcricket, attacking fields and bowling endeavour translated in the bowling figures. Hogan 5/38 immaculate as were Timm, Carey 3 and Salter. Could not ask for more.

Just 16 to knock off achieved with irrelevance to the time. Selman didn't look happy getting out but winning line crossed...as a team. Revenge exacted on Worcester, proving matches are recoverable after an iffy start. Day off earned.

23 points for the win...we're on the march.

http://m.espncricinfo.com/county-champi ... 68611.html

FORZA GLAM!
Brandycove liked this
Successive Championship wins. Well done to the team. Some excellent individual performances, and something to build on.

I know it's harsh to criticise after a win, but what a laboured end to the game by the openers, both of whom must have been terrified of getting out with such a small target to get. Selman 38 balls for 3 runs. What happened to the batsman who hit consecutive sixes to win a game recently ?
I was following their progress via cricinfo, and I could feel Selman's anxiety coming down the wires. I was convinced that he wouldn't make it, and he didn't.
I know time was irrelevant, but the openers should have attacked the bowling and got the job done in 2/3 overs. Instead they handed the initiative to the bowlers.

I will surely come in for some stick having made my observation, but that's how I see it.
otis liked this
By exileKT8
Well done Glammy, what a turn around from Friday evening and from April`s game in Cardiff. One of the joys of County cricket is the change of fortunes, Worcs win their first 4 games then lose 2 heavily, Kent unbeaten struggling against winless Durham this afternoon. What is behind Glammy`s upturn since the corresponding match v Worcs ? Carlson, De Lange or Podmore replaced by Salter, Bragg and TVDG, Worcs lose Hastings (and Lyon as yet done little) and Kohler-Cadmore. Must be more than change of personnel, confidence and team spirit more important you might think so how much down to Captain Hogan ? Say it again but what a wonderful signing he has been and another great bowling performance to add to whatever his (positive I suspect) Captaincy is giving Glammy now.
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:21 pm
Successive Championship wins. Well done to the team. Some excellent individual performances, and something to build on.

I know it's harsh to criticise after a win, but what a laboured end to the game by the openers, both of whom must have been terrified of getting out with such a small target to get. Selman 38 balls for 3 runs. What happened to the batsman who hit consecutive sixes to win a game recently ?
I was following their progress via cricinfo, and I could feel Selman's anxiety coming down the wires. I was convinced that he wouldn't make it, and he didn't.
I know time was irrelevant, but the openers should have attacked the bowling and got the job done in 2/3 overs. Instead they handed the initiative to the bowlers.

I will surely come in for some stick having made my observation, but that's how I see it.
A bit surprised they went so slow,especially Selman,but I take the win.
That's the game I suppose. Worcester weren't going through the motions at the end, meaning every ball like we did. To be fair to Selman he's still developing and seems to have it in him to succeed. As shown on debut in Hove last year and a landmark knock on Swansea. Be great to see him come on with a few more good scores in the coming weeks.
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:54 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:21 pm

A bit surprised they went so slow,especially Selman,but I take the win.
I prefer to win with style, rather than just win. Therein lies the difference in our outlooks.
By hujon64
A win in 3 days and a very well-deserved day off for players. Captain Hogan is certainly leading the team well and proving his worth as a bowler and inspiration. Wonderful role model. Well done all!
By glamman
Excellent win - well done the bowlers.

Worryingly poor crowds at the Champions trophy games in Cardiff - even empty seats in the England game. Thankfully the Cardiff semi involves England. Is this going to lose us more money? Not a great advert for hosting more international cricket in Cardiff. Not sure what has gone wrong with the marketing. I was under the impression the England v New Zealand game was sold out.
Bucksman wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:36 pm
Well played, Glam, especially against Worcs who have been wiping the floor with us in recent times, particularly this year in consecutive fixtures away and at home!
Hi Bucks and thanks..like you have been doing to us lol! Nice to see Northants going well..our next meeting just might have much more to play for than recently.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]