A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By otis
Another win away from HQ, about time our ground staff produced a wicket that favours the home team! Or is that against the rules these days? :doh:
Any news on the return of Smith or Bragg????????????????
otis wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm
Another win away from HQ, about time our ground staff produced a wicket that favours the home team! Or is that against the rules these days? :doh:
Doesn't the toss discourage the production of a "home" wicket ?
By glamman
otis wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:25 pm
What would be a wicket that favoured our bowlers? As a cricket lover I just want to see a good contest between bat and ball and I think the current regulations about the toss support that.

I assume you mean Wagg as Bragg is playing. Wagg has batted for the 2nds but not bowled. Smith played for Scotland last week but only bowled 5 or 6 overs as I think he pulled up with a groin injury.
glamman wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:17 pm
Excellent win - well done the bowlers.

Worryingly poor crowds at the Champions trophy games in Cardiff - even empty seats in the England game. Thankfully the Cardiff semi involves England. Is this going to lose us more money? Not a great advert for hosting more international cricket in Cardiff. Not sure what has gone wrong with the marketing. I was under the impression the England v New Zealand game was sold out.
We only get the games because it is the England and Wales cricket board.The pitch is always moaned about,and attendances are always complained about,why do we bother?
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:34 pm
glamman wrote:

Worryingly poor crowds at the Champions trophy games in Cardiff - even empty seats in the England game. Thankfully the Cardiff semi involves England. Is this going to lose us more money? Not a great advert for hosting more international cricket in Cardiff. Not sure what has gone wrong with the marketing. I was under the impression the England v New Zealand game was sold out.
We only get the games because it is the England and Wales cricket board.The pitch is always moaned about,and attendances are always complained about,why do we bother?
Correct - We get games because it IS the England and Wales cricket board.
We do it in the hope of bringing in vital revenue. However if we continue not to attract sufficient spectators then we will be in further financial problems and cease to get allocated international games.
glamman wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:04 pm
glamman wrote:

We do it in the hope of bringing in vital revenue. However if we continue not to attract sufficient spectators then we will be in further financial problems and cease to get allocated international games.
Surely we get the games because we outbid other Counties who have international standard grounds. That way only the successful bidding County suffers if tickets not sold.
Vetchetarian wrote:
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:28 pm
glamman wrote:

Surely we get the games because we outbid other Counties who have international standard grounds. That way only the successful bidding County suffers if tickets not sold.
If you watch cricket writers on tv on sky you know that is not the case.
Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:53 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
glamman wrote:

I don't watch "cricket writers on tv on sky " so I am unable to comment on what they say.
It is my understanding that these games are bid for. Now, if you can point me in the direction of some substantiation to the contrary, that would be very helpful.
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 am
Vetchetarian wrote:

I don't watch "cricket writers on tv on sky " so I am unable to comment on what they say.
It is my understanding that these games are bid for. Now, if you can point me in the direction of some substantiation to the contrary, that would be very helpful.
You are most likely correct,but they said it was because Wales is in the title.But Cardiff just seems to be an easy target
Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:50 am
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:15 am

You are most likely correct,but they said it was because Wales is in the title.But Cardiff just seems to be an easy target
I think having Wales in the title is just paying lip service.
Holding Test matches in Cardiff went down like a lead balloon with many cricket followers in England. Ex players like Vaughan were very vociferous.
I seem to remember the bidding process when Glam hosted the first Test match against the Australians, and it cost several millions to host.
I'm sure someone will know the ins and the outs better than I.
By exileKT8
Interesting debate on value of staging internationals and what are the profits / losses after the cost of bidding v receipts. Look at poor Durham, I think we have got to have faith in H.M. in that he knows what he is doing and with his contacts can get us the best deal. Let`s hope for good weather tomorrow when there should be a full house, H.M. says the Eng / NZ game sold more tickets than it appeared bums were on seats. These days the attendance figure isn`t as important as it was when you throw in any Sky money, advertising, hospitality etc. The wicket has produced some decent games but still atherton et al will have a whinge.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:23 pm
Interesting debate on value of staging internationals and what are the profits / losses after the cost of bidding v receipts. Look at poor Durham, I think we have got to have faith in H.M. in that he knows what he is doing and with his contacts can get us the best deal. Let`s hope for good weather tomorrow when there should be a full house, H.M. says the Eng / NZ game sold more tickets than it appeared bums were on seats. These days the attendance figure isn`t as important as it was when you throw in any Sky money, advertising, hospitality etc. The wicket has produced some decent games but still atherton et al will have a whinge.
According to HM they have sold lots of tickets and people have not turned up. Odd for group games when you know who is playing when you buy the ticket. Good news is that it sounds like Glamorgan are OK financially out of it but a concern with reports that 32% of tickets for tomorrow's game were bought by Indian fans. Want to see a full stadium.
The whole marketing and PR for this tournament has been a disaster. No publicity or reports of games on BBC or ITV. Highlights show broadcast at midnight instead of early evening when people can watch it. Poor quality presentation not up to standards of Channel 4 or 5. Tickets have been difficult to obtain. Only a few days ago, Morris states game is a sell-out, while now it appears there will be loads of empty seats sold to Indian supporters. This will be a PR disaster for Glamorgan, and will be ridiculed by Vaughan. Existing ticket holders should be given free upgrade to better seats, and remaining empty seats sold off at knock-down price to locals turning up at the gate.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]