A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Ingram has been going well in the Big Bash but had a rare failure yesterday.

England are playing their first game of the under 19 WC against Namibia tonight - it's on Sky. Not sure if the Welsh boys will be on view.

In Oz the match in Melbourne which saw a Murphy on each side was abandoned after just 11 overs. In Syndey Selman had another rare failure as his side lost. In Brisbane Smith had a long day in the field as his side bowled out the opposition for 290, Smith taking 2/71.

In NZ, Salter continues his good form. His side bowled the opposition out for just 96 with Salter conceding only 26 runs from his 10 overs and then taking his side home with 42 no from 30 balls.
By glamman
Selman spent the day in the field yesterday and TvdG did not play - have no idea of his fitness at present - may just be resting ready for Glamorgan pre-season.

Smith did not appear for his side on Saturday or Sunday this week so have to assume he may have an injury.

Jack Murphy opened for his side and put on 224 for the first wicket, scoring 104. Lawlor obviously had fallen asleep by the time he went in at 3 and was unfortunately out for 1. He made up for it by dismissing the opposition top 3, each for a duck in a win by 189 runs.

Salter is involved in a 2 day game which finishes next week end and I cannot find any scorecard.

De Lange played in two 50 over games at the end of last week. He had figures of 1/35 and 1/52 in two heavy losses for the Knights.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:37 pm
I actually think Ingram might be the best T20 batsman in the world!
We'll soon know how the IPL value him.
By glamman
Good to see Selman back in the runs with 146 as his team came up just short of their target, the match ending in a draw.

Jack Murphy and Lawlor were bowling this week and finished with 2/42 and 1/61 respectively as they bowled out the opposition for 285. The game finishes next Saturday.

Tom Murphy's team bowled out their opposition for 61, Tom finishing with the impressive figures of 10.0-9-2-3.

Smith did not play this week end seeming to confirm that he has some sort of injury.

Salter's team completed their 2 day game on Saturday winning by 4 wickets. Salts did not take any wickets in the 1st innings and then contributed 34 with the bat. He took 1/75 in the 2nd innings and then after the opposition declared to set up a chase, he scored 94 n.o. off 99 balls with 17 4's and 2 6's to see his team home.
Salter also played a 50 over game today where he was not quite so successful, taking 1/62 off his 10 overs and then scoring 5 as his team lost by 63 runs.

De Lange's Knights played two 50-over games this week. Last Sunday they had a 75 run win, De Lange taking 1/48 off 8 and then on Wednesday they lost by 2 wickets with 9 overs to spare. He finished with 1/36 off 6.4 overs as the opposition chased down 216.
By glamman
Holland have just announced their squad for the Cricket World Cup Qualifier in Zimbabwe which runs from March 3-27. This includes TvdG.
By glamman
Good to see Sisodiya forcing his way into the under 19 side although another disappointing performance overall finishing only 7th. It will be interesting to see where he stands in the pecking order at Glamorgan. He will join Salter, Bull and Morgan as the spin options. Unfortunately the timing of the Championship fixtures means that spin is not a potent option and I am sure Salter's experience will mean he plays in the white ball games.
Hopefully in 4 day games they will select the best bowler rather than the best batsman but I am not sure who that is. I had hopes for Bull before his injury problems. Would be great to see someone giving the ball a bit of loop rather than just firing it in.
By glamman
Selman's team played a 2 day game over Saturday and Sunday this weekend with Nick making 14 and 1. Overall he is currently averaging 64.4.

Jack Murphy scored 119 and Lawlor scored 66 in a winning cause as their 2 day game reached a conclusion.

Salter has started a 2 day game which finishes next Saturday.

I understand Smith is back in the UK having suffered a minor injury to his hand.
Nick_Glam liked this
By glamman
Selman back in the runs yesterday scoring 131.

Murphy and Lawlor were bowling with Jack getting 1/34.

Salter's team completed a 2 day game. Last week Salter took 5/65 as the opposition were bowled out for 110. However his team were then bowled out for just 172, Andrew contributing 27. Salts also took 2/54 in the 2nd innings.
By glamman
Have just caught up with de Lange's recent activity - he took 5/57 in the 1st innings of a drawn game for the Knights against the Dolphins last week.
By glamman
Selman, Smith, Lawlor and Murphy are all back in Wales so Salter is the only one left playing club cricket in NZ / Australia. His side were on the losing end of a 2 day game which finished today, Salts scoring 33 in the 1st innings and then taking 1/63. He then scored 13 in the 2nd innings. I assume he will now be on his way back home.
The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan

The weather seems likely to end up the winner toda[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]