A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Ingram smacking the ball around in East London while De Lange's game is on Sky but has been interrupted by rain after 1 over.
By glamman
Another reasonably successful Saturday for our boys down under.

Selman scored 98 as his team chased down 236 in a 50 over game.

Smith scored 6 no and bowled 6 overs 0 for 17 in his team's 69 run win in another 50 over game.

Salter scored 40 and then bowled 10-0-30-2 in his team's 80 run win.

Lawlor top scored with 32 in his team's T20 game but they only scored 113 and lost by 7 wickets.
By glamman
Smith played in two T20s today. Both games were comfortable wins for his side.
In the first they chased down 141, Smith having figures of 4.0-0-4-24.
In the scond they bowled the opposition out for 87, Smith having figures of 3.0-0-4-15 and took just 9 overs to reach the target.

I think all the Australian leagues now take a break until 6 January. Don't think Salter is playing again until the foillowing week. He currently tops his club's batting averages and is 3rd in the bowling averages.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:24 am
I see De Lange has been playing in the 10 over compettion. I do hope it doesn't catch on.
We are already familiar with 65/60/50/40/20 over competitions.
I'm no mathematician, but you don't have to be one to see that 10 is the next figure in the progression.
After that, who knows ? 5 overs ? Single wicket shoot outs ?
Money making would appear to be the main driver.
By glamman
Ingram with a good performance in a losing cause this morning.
Boys in Australia back in action on Saturday.
By glamman
The players in Australia were supposed to be back in action today but the boys in Melbourne were thwarted by something that I'm not sure is going to effect our premier league very often - their games were cancelled because of the threat of high temperatures.

In Sydney, Selman had a rare failure scoring only 1. No sign of TvdG playing yet.

Meanwhile in Brisbane Smith continued some excellent T20 form from before Xmas. His team, the Sunshine Coast Scorchers, player 2 matches today, winning the first comfortably having restricted the opposition to 125, Smith ending with 4.0-0-1-22. They reached the target in the 16th over for the loss of 3 wickets.
In their second game they conceded just 108 runs with Smith returning 4.0-0-3-20. However they were struggling with the bat at 43/7 after 11.1 overs. Smith then came o the crease and scored 41 off 26 balls to see his side home with 9 balls and 1 wicket to spare.

Smith will be in action again tomorrow as will the Murphy brothers and Lawlor in Melbourne. Salts is playing next Saturday. Good luck to them all.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Jack Murphy and Lawlor got out in the heat of Melbourne on Sunday. They both took a wicket but there team's chase fell short, Murphy making 13 and Lawlor 17. Tom Murphy's team won their game although Tom struggled a bit with the ball.

Smith's winning form came to an end on Sunday. He went for 33/1 in his 4 overs and scored 4 in a chase that came up short by 7 runs.

Neither Sisodiya or Walker took part in the U19 warm up game against Ireland today. Interestingly the Ireland captain, Harry Tector, scored a century - he is the brother of Jack Tector who played some games for Glamorgan 2's a couple of seasons ago.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:11 am
Jack Murphy and Lawlor got out in the heat of Melbourne on Sunday. They both took a wicket but there team's chase fell short, Murphy making 13 and Lawlor 17. Tom Murphy's team won their game although Tom struggled a bit with the ball.

Smith's winning form came to an end on Sunday. He went for 33/1 in his 4 overs and scored 4 in a chase that came up short by 7 runs.

Neither Sisodiya or Walker took part in the U19 warm up game against Ireland today. Interestingly the Ireland captain, Harry Tector, scored a century - he is the brother of Jack Tector who played some games for Glamorgan 2's a couple of seasons ago.
A " warm up game "? In this weather. Where were they playing ?

I don't read anything too significant into the " overseas activities " stats of some of our players. Scoring runs/ taking wickets in matches played the other side of the world is all very well, but scoring runs and taking wickets for Glamorgan are the only stats I really care about. I know it's all in a good cause, but let's hope they don't burn themselves out.
Still, it keeps them off the streets and out of the pubs/clubs of Cardiff, where they may be tempted to do a Stokes, Bairstow, or Duckett.
By glamman
1st grade cricket in Australia is a pretty high standard and that is what Selman and Smith are playing and TvdG will be playing. They are just playing Saturdays and the odd Sunday so not a heavy workload and at home they would be doing fitness work so I think they are better off in Oz. The Murphy boys and Lawlor are playing at a lower level. I am not sure the standard Salter is playing but will be top club cricket in NZ and again just at weekends.
As you say - it keeps them off the streets and for Smith and Murphy will hopefully help them build up the strength to stay injury free during our summer.

The U19 WC is in New Zealand so they are escaping the high temperatures currently being experienced in Australia. Hopefully the Glamorgan boys will get a run out in the next game.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:04 am
1st grade cricket in Australia is a pretty high standard and that is what Selman and Smith are playing and TvdG will be playing. They are just playing Saturdays and the odd Sunday so not a heavy workload and at home they would be doing fitness work so I think they are better off in Oz. The Murphy boys and Lawlor are playing at a lower level. I am not sure the standard Salter is playing but will be top club cricket in NZ and again just at weekends.
As you say - it keeps them off the streets and for Smith and Murphy will hopefully help them build up the strength to stay injury free during our summer.

The U19 WC is in New Zealand so they are escaping the high temperatures currently being experienced in Australia. Hopefully the Glamorgan boys will get a run out in the next game.
I was in no way devaluing the standard of cricket in any part of Australia, nor was I suggesting your keeping us abreast of goings on was not without merit. So, I hope you continue.

I am so relieved to hear that the U19 game is being played in New Zealand. I had visions of the two teams taking to the field somewhere in mainland UK, or Ireland, and using snowballs in lieu of the real thing. :)
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]