A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
I'm really tired of hearing about all these off-field going ons.

Yorkshire's cricket correspondent Jim Kilburn used to refuse to write about off-field matters and often found them very depressing. I feel the same. There's a great section in Kilburn's autobiography where he was dismayed to see Geoff Boycott embroiled in a public quarrel, and he "took his pessimism for a walk".

However, he stumbled across a club cricket match taking place, which revived his spirits.

Thank goodness the new season is just 16 days away.
PaulTavs wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:43 am
I'm really tired of hearing about all these off-field going ons.

Yorkshire's cricket correspondent Jim Kilburn used to refuse to write about off-field matters and often found them very depressing. I feel the same. There's a great section in Kilburn's autobiography where he was dismayed to see Geoff Boycott embroiled in a public quarrel, and he "took his pessimism for a walk".

However, he stumbled across a club cricket match taking place, which revived his spirits.

Thank goodness the new season is just 16 days away.
A concern that these big decisions for cricket in this country are being made by an organisation with big question marks hanging over its Governance.
Sorry to hark back to off field matters but having just read the statement on the web site regarding the improved financial status of the club - http://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricket ... ments.html

I can understand why non-Test ground counties might be a bit upset to see the sentence:
Following discussions with the ECB the Club decided not to apply to host Test matches during the 2020 to 2024 period in return for a compensation payment of £2.5m.

Smacks somewhat of EU Agricultural policy - getting paid to do nothing.

I am not sure we have heard the end of this.
Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]