A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
The website suggests that Salter will be replaced by TvdG on Friday. The XI therefore looks like being:
Selman
Murphy
Marsh
Carlson
Donald
Cooke
Lloyd
TvdG
De Lange
Carey
Hogan

Not a lot of variety in the attack and Lloyd playing as a batsman coming in at 7. I guess De Lange's 50 in Bristol might move him towards an all rounder position and maybe Carlson will be called on to bowl some off spin. However it does not look quite as balanced a team as the one last week. Personally I would have preferred to retain Salter and drop Donald, bringing in Smith or Meschede to bat at 8. However the forecast is rather damp and spin is probably not going to figure much. The variety of Wagg's left arm seam would also have given some variation although I am not sure we will be seeing much of him in 4 day cricket.
Expect us to be fielding first again whatever.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:34 pm
The website suggests that Salter will be replaced by TvdG on Friday. The XI therefore looks like being:
Selman
Murphy
Marsh
Carlson
Donald
Cooke
Lloyd
TvdG
De Lange
Carey
Hogan

Not a lot of variety in the attack and Lloyd playing as a batsman coming in at 7. I guess De Lange's 50 in Bristol might move him towards an all rounder position and maybe Carlson will be called on to bowl some off spin. However it does not look quite as balanced a team as the one last week. Personally I would have preferred to retain Salter and drop Donald, bringing in Smith or Meschede to bat at 8. However the forecast is rather damp and spin is probably not going to figure much. The variety of Wagg's left arm seam would also have given some variation although I am not sure we will be seeing much of him in 4 day cricket.
Expect us to be fielding first again whatever.
Looking at the weather,rain for 3 days,don't think a spinner be needed
By glamman
If there are going to be frequent rain delays you could argue that 3 out and out quicks will be enough as they will get extra breaks. I wonder if TvdG was told he’d play in this game but they now feel unable to rest Carey or De Lange?
By Iron Mike
My thanks to Dai of Ponty:

Play started promptly at 11am. Glamorgan elected to field and Middlesex scored 6 runs without loss in the first over before rain forced the players off. Play resumed at 12.15pm.
With the score on 14 opener Holden edged Carey caught by keeper Cooke.
Hogan bowled Robson with the score on 34.
Lunch 46-2
By Iron Mike
Day 1 close
Middlesex 64/3
Glamorgan

Play resumed after lunch and with the score on 64-3 play was halted for the day by heavy pulses of precipitation.

4.40pm was meant to be an inspection bur it was still raining. One bowling point.

My thanks to Dai of Ponty.
By Iron Mike
Day 2 abandoned at 5pm
Middlesex 61/3
Glamorgan

Will the 2 captains will try to contrive a result should they get on the field?

Feel sorry for those up there but I suppose it's an opportunity to go sightseeing!
By glamman
Iron Mike wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:37 pm
Day 2 abandoned at 5pm
Middlesex 61/3
Glamorgan

Will the 2 captains will try to contrive a result should they get on the field?

Feel sorry for those up there but I suppose it's an opportunity to go sightseeing!
A bit too early in the season to gamble too much. My guess is that Glamorgan will be happy to walk away with 5 points against one of the pre-season Div 2 favourites.
By Glamorboy
I would expect that Glam will continue to bowl in the hope of picking up maximum bowling points, at the same time depriving Middlesex of the chance to collect many -if any- bonuses themselves, especially with no play likely tomorrow.
By Iron Mike
My thanks to Dai of Ponty again.

Middlesex resumed their innings in cloudy conditions with Hogan bowling from the Nursery end and Carey from the Pavilion end.

With the score on 80 Hogan bowled Cartwright for 5. Stirling soon departed with the score on 104 Cooke catching low to his left.
Cooke caught Eskinazi off the bowling of VDGugten with the score on 164. Eskinazi scored 94. Just before lunch Selman took a superb catch to dismiss Simpson off VDG.

At lunch Middlesex are 193-8.
By Iron Mike
Still more rain at Leicester and Northampton. Day 3 and not a ball bowled yet.

Rain at Canterbury for the tourists but Glos in strong position at Hove.

If we can take some more points today and get a good lead tomorrow would be nice. Forecast isn't clever though!
In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]

The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan

The weather seems likely to end up the winner toda[…]