A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Welwyn
It's official. Donald needs a spell in the 2nds.

However, with Lloyd's injury and the lack of batting options, doubt he'll get it.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 3:53 pm
It's official. Donald needs a spell in the 2nds.

However, with Lloyd's injury and the lack of batting options, doubt he'll get it.
What’s happened to Lloyd?
By Iron Mike
Day 2 close
Glamorgan 94 & 273/9
Kent 174

Batsmen on top for most of the day in great batting conditions in the Gardens sunshine.

From 163/9 overnight Timm got the last wicket to end with 7/42 and Kent 80 in front. Excellent effort. Bumble went off second ball when it cracked the bridge of his nose. No harm done.

Second time around with 86 overs left. Selman made a quick 11, enter Marsh to help get us in front with some powerful drives to the rope en route being run out on 76 at 137/2. Strange how our test batsman has the best footwork and crease prescence yet the book shows run out...that's just a foible of the game.

Murphy held an end well until Henry had him at slip for a solid 54. He's got great promise as an opener. 2 quick wickets to 159/4 and suddenly the picture changed again. 178/4 at tea.

Big session to survive. Cooke 16 at 191/5 brought Bumble in to join Carlson. 228/6 when keeper Rouse superbly caught the younger one for 30. The new ball did for Salts 13 and Bumble who looked good for his 46. Dai given out lbw to bring a quicker close. The umpire's finger seemed to take an age to raise.

Stevens sent off from the attack means we could get a few more runs tomorrow lime Kent did this morning. Anything over 200 would be good.
By Iron Mike
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 7:00 pm
Why was Stevens " sent off "?
Taken out of the attack by the umpire for two overhead bouncers. Podmore had to complete his over.
By exileKT8
Looking at this 4 day line up before the Glos game I feared what would be the runs and wickets contribution from Murphy, Donald, Lloyd and Salter. Hat off to Murphy for his efforts thus far, (lucky re playing or missing or not ), Lloyd has contributed in this game and one century to his name. Which leaves Donald and Salter, at this stage of the season if our 4 best bowlers are seamers then pick 4 seamers or give Bull a go.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 8:01 pm
Looking at this 4 day line up before the Glos game I feared what would be the runs and wickets contribution from Murphy, Donald, Lloyd and Salter. Hat off to Murphy for his efforts thus far, (lucky re playing or missing or not ), Lloyd has contributed in this game and one century to his name. Which leaves Donald and Salter, at this stage of the season if our 4 best bowlers are seamers then pick 4 seamers or give Bull a go.
Agree. Smith or Meschede should be batting at 8 and if Salter being selected as a batsman then he should move to 7 and Donald left out.
The lack of batting options continues to be a problem. Need someone in the 2nds to score some big runs but difficult at this stage of the season on club grounds where most 2nd team matches take place. Not sure what Connor Brown has been doing.
By Iron Mike
Delayed start owing to an overdripping sprinkler near the cut square.

Inspection of the drying wicket at 11am. Should be just a short delay as its baking hot here at the Gardens.
By Vetchetarian
exileKT8 wrote:
With wickets seamer friendly, playing four would seem appropriate. It worked out quite well for the West Indies back in the day. Not that I'm suggesting their quicks are a match for ours. I wish. :)
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 7:36 am
exileKT8 wrote:
Agree. Smith or Meschede should be batting at 8 and if Salter being selected as a batsman then he should move to 7 and Donald left out.
The lack of batting options continues to be a problem. Need someone in the 2nds to score some big runs but difficult at this stage of the season on club grounds where most 2nd team matches take place. Not sure what Connor Brown has been doing.
Very pleased for Murphy who has acquitted himself very well having been thrown in the deep end. Donald continues to fail, and that's something the Club need to address.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:10 am
exileKT8 wrote:
With wickets seamer friendly, playing four would seem appropriate. It worked out quite well for the West Indies back in the day. Not that I'm suggesting their quicks are a match for ours. I wish. :)
My bigger concern is playing only 3 proper seamers and the pitch being flat.
Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]