Share the latest news and broadcast your views, use this board for topics that relate to more than one county
By Umpire
There you go again. You just cannot help yourself with the sneers and the insults, can you?

You are incapable of dealing with any argument - you just dish out adolescent abuse and puerile playground jibes.

I feel sorry for you mr/mrs 'gmdf'. You are clearly desperately unhappy with the hand that life has dealt you and deeply frustrated by the modern world.

The only thing that seems to get your mojo working is moaning about everything under the sun and dishing it out with rare venom to anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Surely it's high time you acted your age and stopped behaving like a petulant 15 year old.

Although I'm making a huge assumption there. Perhaps you really are the spotty teenage keyboard warrior that your posts imply?
By gmdf
Umpire wrote:There you go again. You just cannot help yourself with the sneers and the insults, can you?

You are incapable of dealing with any argument - you just dish out adolescent abuse and puerile playground jibes.

I feel sorry for you mr/mrs 'gmdf'. You are clearly desperately unhappy with the hand that life has dealt you and deeply frustrated by the modern world.

The only thing that seems to get your mojo working is moaning about everything under the sun and dishing it out with rare venom to anyone who dares to disagree with you.

Surely it's high time you acted your age and stopped behaving like a petulant 15 year old.

Although I'm making a huge assumption there. Perhaps you really are the spotty teenage keyboard warrior that your posts imply?
A better example of the pot calling the kettle black it would be difficult to find.

Do you suffer from a personality disorder? It would explain a lot... :thinking:
By Umpire
" You clearly don't GAVE anything interesting to say about cricket" ?

We will leave you the last word, sucker. I'm sure it will be abusive...or unintelligible like the illiterate sentence above.
By gmdf
mav wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 am
GUYS, NO PERSONAL COMMENTS PLEASE.

the mod hat is now away again.
Happy to oblige, but 'Umpire' doesn't seem able to respond without making personal comments and insults in all his responses to any post I make here. He seems to want to silence me, but I won't be bullied.

Perhaps this forum needs an 'ignore' function - I would happily use it to stop seeing his posts.
I think that Mr Umpire has forgotten that we already have a T20 tournament. Simply split it into two leagues of nine teams each. Relegation/promotion. Live cricket on terrestrial tv. Allow a few more overseas players per team. Franchise T20 will destroy the game as we know it.
gmdf liked this
By Alex
Aaaaaaaaannnndd back onto the discussion about the T20 competition

Will be interesting to see if the crowds continue to increase for this years blasts. It could help if people turned up and showed they wanted to support their county rather than a franchise they have no affiliation with. Although I guess that the new tournament is so far down the line that nothing will stop it now!
Tv apparently wants an English BBL so it will happen irrespective of everything else, not least alienating smaller counties and vast swathes of regions over something like a name. Like the birth of rl superleague...or how it was meant to be. You can't buy the sunshine though!
By mav
I still find it surprising that the ECB/Sky have not yet convinced a county to have a retractable roof* - so you are always going to get cricket regardless of the weather.

*one actually for cricket, so with a much higher ceiling
I'd be interested as to whether the counties could/would be willing to pay for one to be honest - looking around sports stadiums in general in the UK, the only one I can think of to hand is the Millenium Stadium. There must be a reason even the big football clubs haven't invested them (I know football's a winter sport but a roof must give them more options in terms of keeping the pitch in good nick).
By davee
A retractable roof would be a massive structure on a Cricket ground, the playing area of a Test Ground is probably 3 or 4 times that of a football pitch. T20 could be played in Football stadiums as was mooted many years ago in the John Player League days as short boundaries and close crowds would probably be an asset.
Jayawardene

signs for Lancashire (T20 blast) available for the[…]

v Leics 2 (floodlit)

Good to see Duckett back in gear in such attacking[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Day night pink ball cc cricket...the first floodli[…]