Share the latest news and broadcast your views, use this board for topics that relate to more than one county
By TWrex
returns to Sky this Sunday. Hopefully it will revert to its original format after last year's shambles, there was not much time to talk but plenty of effort exerted to stop the papers blowing away. A great example of something working well so let's completely change it & create a dogs dinner instead. Not back to 90 minutes, but at least it is an hour so there should be enough time to get some decent conversation going, let's see what we are offered.
Iron Mike liked this
By Iron Mike
Last season's offering was appalling. The much trumpeted bigged up extended debate about t20 lasted just one line or so with Lloyd saying the rest of the players will have time to practice t20 when the pro game shuts down to accommodate our own Big Bash. Cheers.

Ater the wonderful cc ending last year I hope they talk about the county game in depth more often about issues in the shires. Having a commentator on to say like it or lump it..and that's that..isn't enough.
By TWrex
Back to the old format thank goodness, Sky even went to the extent of knocking down the New Warner Stand & rebuilding its predecessor so it could appear in the background of their studio overlooking Lord's. Well Paul Allot said it was overlooking the ground so it must be true :whistle: .
I was a bit harsh with my earlier criticism of the programme last year , after all to completely mess up such a simple, successful long running programme does need a special sort of talent I suppose :crazy:
By TWrex
No sign of the Warner Stand today in any guise, old or new, this morning. When the camera was on Paul Allot it was the media centre and one end of the grandstand in view over his shoulder. The main thing of course is that the programme is back on track with the focus on good chat and not trying to stop the papers flying away, and the hour duration does allow the discussions to develop.
By TWrex
Interesting as always today, plenty of topics covered except for one recent development.
The new tv deal, coverage of the game has been a hot topic for years & worthy of some debate I would have thought. Surely no censorship involved?
By Iron Mike
Brief mention of last 3 years of current t20 setup..and that's as much as we'll get. Not surprised as they won't have the whole lot of matches when franchise starts.
By TWrex
Under debate yesterday was the quality of England's batting especially Jennings & Balance, with the view that they would most probably be in place for the rest of the South Africa series. Then if they are deemed not up to scratch give others a go against the West Indies. Hardly a fair comparison considering the disparity in the two opponents, better to give others a try now against an attack more to the standard that is likely to be faced in the coming winter. Then let the two preferred choices play against the West Indies & hopefully get some runs under their belts. With the current England score change may well happen sooner than later.
By gmdf
Judging by these two Tests playing both Jennings & Ballance means we effectively are playing 9 vs 11. :no:
Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]

Matt Coles

Surely time he was dropped from the one day team. […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Joint captains

Pleased to see Ingram given captaincy of white bal[…]