A forum for Kent CCC fans
By Alex
Good to see a few of the Kent supporters coming across, what sort of layout would you like the board to take?

Can have different sections for matches, players etc

Just post your ideas and we can sort something out when we've got some opinions :)
By gmdf
Whilst nothing is ever perfect, I found the WAK lay out worked pretty well, esp. the sections:

- We Are Kent - On the field
- We Are Kent - Off the field
- We Are Past Kent

And all the sub-forums within each.

Those wouldn't, I think, overlap with other sections already on 'View From the Boundary'.

This is, of course, just my own opinion!  :-k
By mav
[quote="gmdf"]
Whilst nothing is ever perfect, I found the WAK lay out worked pretty well, esp. the sections:

- We Are Kent - On the field
- We Are Kent - Off the field
- We Are Past Kent

And all the sub-forums within each.

Those wouldn't, I think, overlap with other sections already on 'View From the Boundary'.

This is, of course, just my own opinion!  :-k
[/quote]

Set up above, I will let the Kent mod, decide which thread goes where!
By madmickeyt
well (takes deep breath) I was never much of a fan of the old layout - far too many topics.

it is an opportunity here to have something far more simple and not just replicate the old.

can we not just have topics that appear with the most recent at the top?
By kentclerk
I think the folder structure could do with a tidy-up. The Child boards (On Field, Off Field, Past) may have been something that was started and not finished, but they're not working as they are, and perhaps should be removed? What we need above all is the landing page, after clicking on the Kent link, to show ALL threads, regardless of prefix, in chronological order of their updating. (Currently you have to look in a few different places to see any new posts).

Maybe the prefixes that are in place (Match Thread; Player; News etc) could be retained and expanded upon, and all new threads have to select one of them? But the crucial thing for me is to see all of them in the one place.
By Alex
I do agree it looks better all in one place, if that's the general consensus then I'll reverse the child boards. The prefixes will be the best way to do it, can create ones for all the tournaments so it's easier to filter down on them.
By kentclerk
Thanks Alex - looks better and easier to work with.
All we need now is the return of all the WAKers - which I know is a separate matter...
By Alex
Something I'm working with Bob and Ian on, hope to have an update shortly on it!

I've dropped Kent a message on Twitter about whether they could send a tweet out to publicise the new location and they said they'd get back to me so hopefully that be positive too.

Failing that we'll try to get the word out on social media ourselves.
Will Bragg retires.

www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42082869 I had a snea[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

Unacceptable behaviour.

Stokes. Bairstow. Duckett. Just what is going on […]