A forum for Kent CCC fans
By gmdf
Squad v Hants (Thu 11am) N'east, DBD, Denly, Blake, Dickson, Gidman, Stevens, Rouse (wk), Parnell, Coles, Harris, Tredwell, Claydon.

Dickson & Claydon most likely to miss out, I think. Though there is an argument for resting Coles & playing Claydon given his good form this season.
By TWrex
Let us see if we can transfer our 4 day form to the 50 over format. I really enjoy the one day game but will have to give this one a miss on health grounds, it's not the best since having a stroke, so sitting in the freezing cold for 7 or so hours is not the best of ideas. The good lady will be surprised at me using some common sense for once, she will think I'm not well :hug:
Hopefully the promised upturn in the weather will ensure next weekend's games will take place in much more clement conditions.
By gmdf
Kent were well beaten - losing the toss and batting first (I think they'd rather have chased), they got off to an excellent start (71-0 in 10 overs) before accurate bowling and good fielding tied them down. Denly, Bell-Drummond, Dickson & Northeast all got a start (or made a useful score) but failed to push on. It was left to Stevens, top scorer with 60, to try and get the side to a reasonable total. having looked on course for 290-300 at the 30 over stage, 258 was a disappointment.

However when Carberry (often a thorn in our side) departed to Parenell's 2nd ball, hopes ran high...briefly. Vince's 69 from 50 balls, full of strong drives, changed the whole context of the game and made victory odds-on for his side. Even a 'wobble' as he, Dawson & Adams departed, didn't do enough to cause any real concerns as Alsop batted through to a good 112* (though not without some 'riding his luck' on the way) and saw his side home with Sean Ervine (33*) with nearly 5 overs to spare.

It was a comprehensive victory and leaves Kent with serious selection issues for the next game. It's worth noting that the retirement of Fabian Cowdrey means the side is unbalanced - we either have too long a tale (and 6 bowlers), or a bare 5 bowlers and a good batting line up. Yesterday Hants had 6 bowlers - and they needed them when Wood broke down. If that had happened to Kent we would have had to rely on Joe Denly...And then both Coles & Claydon were hit all round the park and again we had no flexibility - they had to be used. So next game either Gidman has to come back or Harris plays in place of a batsman (Dickson, I'd suggest)..or again we go in with no 6th bowler. A big call for the coaches!
Somerset v Glamorgan t20 13 Jul

Match 13 of 14 is our final away game and a trip t[…]

Don Shepherd

The great man is 90 years old today, and here is a[…]

Jim Allenby

I came across this interesting article yesterday .[…]

I know I must do better

Received a few remarks on Sunday about not being a[…]