A forum for Kent CCC fans
By Spud
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/42718988

"Kent have named Sam Billings as their new club captain in all formats of the game, replacing Sam Northeast.

Wicket-keeper-batsman Billings, 26, made his Kent debut in 2011 and has played 13 one-day internationals and 13 T20 matches for England.

Batsman Northeast, 28, had been skipper since 2016, but is now free to speak to other counties about a possible move.

"I am incredibly proud and honoured to have been offered the captaincy," Billings told the club website.

"It means a lot personally as I have been involved at Kent since I was eight years of age. It will be challenging but I am very excited by the opportunity."

Billings has played 171 times for Kent across all three formats and extended his contract at Canterbury last October.

Northeast succeeded Rob Key as Kent skipper, and scored almost 1,600 runs in all competitions last summer, but the club have given him permission to talk to other counties about a move away from the St Lawrence Ground.

"Sam has opted not to sign a contract extension," Kent chairman of cricket Graham Johnson said.

"We have reluctantly accepted his request to talk to other clubs despite our best efforts to convince him to commit his future to the club.""

Congrats to Sam Billings. I think that means it's goodbye to Sam Northeast. Best of luck to him, certainly deserves a spot in D1.
By TWrex
The new captain is in the IPL, which is not a surprise, now the vice-captain has joined the jamboree. I expect Jo Denly's short stint in the Big Bash did the trick for him. Just need someone to lead the side at the start of the season, if we only had someone on the books who has had recent experience of leading a county side?
By gmdf
TWrex wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:35 pm
The new captain is in the IPL, which is not a surprise, now the vice-captain has joined the jamboree. I expect Jo Denly's short stint in the Big Bash did the trick for him. Just need someone to lead the side at the start of the season, if we only had someone on the books who has had recent experience of leading a county side?
Joe has been signed up for the PSL, which runs from the end of February to the end of March, not the lPL.
By TWrex
Glad I got that wrong, I think it was just a natural reaction that most news coming out of Canterbury lately is of the bad kind. Maybe the mention of Karachi should have given me the idea I had the wrong end of the stick. Or maybe I was just thinking back to the IPL season of 1938, under the guise of The All India IPL, a vintage season. :whistle:

We are pleased to announce that our fanzine's seco[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Time up for Morris, Croft etc

I have been getting frustrated as a loyal Glamorga[…]