A forum for Lancashire CCC fans
By chris
signs for Lancashire (T20 blast) available for the whole competition so not doing CPL.

But as his wife was born in Denmark to Sri Lankan parents he has been granted a spousal visa to play as a non overseas player. (Don't tell Farage)

Currently Mumbai Indians coach. So presumably Jos Buttler has helped Lancashire in some way this season.

He's 39 but by the time he arrives he will join Chapple and Chanderpaul at Lancashire as part of the 40 or over brigade. Who said Anderson or McLaren were getting old?
By Alex
Still a class player so hopefully he can do a good job for Lancs!

Welcome aboard Mahela
By LankyDes
See he isn't coming after all. Remember something similar happening with other Sri Lankan great Sangakarra though I think KS was coming to play proper cricket as well as pub cricket.

From my first post you will gather I'm not a 2020 enthusiast!
By chris
LankyDes wrote:
Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:09 am
See he isn't coming after all. Remember something similar happening with other Sri Lankan great Sangakarra though I think KS was coming to play proper cricket as well as pub cricket.

From my first post you will gather I'm not a 2020 enthusiast!
Welcome Des,
Yes, everytime I read of Sangakkara scoring centuries for Surrey, I remember that he was supposed to come to Lancs first.
Nor are you alone on T20. I've only ever seen the second XI play T20 at the Arundel finals.
By LankyShark
It was announced that James Faulkner was coming back too, only for the club to admit that he wasn't when they had signed up Junaid Khan.
By Alex
Welcome to the forum Des!

Will be interesting to see if the club gets anyone else in to replace him or if we'll just stick to what we've got.
By chris
Alex wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:30 pm
Welcome to the forum Des!

Will be interesting to see if the club gets anyone else in to replace him or if we'll just stick to what we've got.
They'll stick with (the hot and cold) Buttler. Assuming England agree in let him play rather than carry the drinks for the test team.

See Lancs have agreed to allow all England players get pink ball practice, rather than playing Procter or Jones. Looks for all the world like squeezing Jos in anywhere just to get him a game.
By LankyShark
So Faulkner's not coming Jayawardene not coming.

But Junaid Khan is. Isn't he? Well. Isn't he?
By davee
LankyShark wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:52 am
It was announced that James Faulkner was coming back too, only for the club to admit that he wasn't when they had signed up Junaid Khan.
I think Junaid was signed as a replacement for Faulkner who was stopped by Cricket Austrailia who wanted to 'Manage' an injury.
By LankyShark
But my point was that he didn't make it for the first two games whilst everyone else's players seemed to have arrived.

Finally made it for last night.
By davee
Will he bring anything to the party?
He's undoubtablly a top class performer but in T20 it's the batters that count, 4 overs for 30 rather than 36 is not a big impact, I think we should have stuck with the existing resources.
By chris
davee wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:58 pm
Will he bring anything to the party?
He's undoubtablly a top class performer but in T20 it's the batters that count, 4 overs for 30 rather than 36 is not a big impact, I think we should have stuck with the existing resources.
I agree with: "4 overs for 30 rather than 36 is not a big impact" but it's wickets which count because as you say batters count.

Junaid, should be able to turn in more 3 wicket spells in T20 than say Bailey or Lamb who looking at recent squads are the players to be left out for Junaid.

To reemphasise that batters count Lancs have don't reasonably well today - here are the strike rates:
Brown 130 off 92 s/r 141
Livingstone: 105 off 75 s/r 140
Buttler 168 off 155 s/r 146
Lilley 60 off 33 s/r 181
Croft 11 off 15 s/r 73
Vilas 64 off 62 s/r 103
McLaren 74 off 40 s/r 185
Clark 12 off 14 s/r 85
then 3 bowlers
5 batters s/r 140 or over.
Good job Croft is an excellent fielder.
By Alex
Croft is quite lucky that he's captain as I think otherwise his position must be under serious threat
World's Gone Mad

Never mind Brexit what about Flog It!. Cancelle[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]

Wagg awarded testimonial

Well deserved I'd say. http://www.glamorgancricke[…]