A forum for Lancashire CCC fans
By Red and rosy
The batting looks as good as it has for a while.

The only contract renewals announced by the club were two young homegrown players on the same day our 43 year old kolpak batsman renewed. I think the rest will be announced when ticket sales fizzle out and they need to attract people to the website.

The club should share information with the fans and stop seeing them purely as customers.

Any rumours on potential overseas signings?
By chris
Red and rosy wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:36 pm

The club should share information with the fans and stop seeing them purely as customers.

Totally agree.

The club should also refrain from posting every other news article about James Anderson. Do they think that people turn to their website for information about either of the two the current ashes series? Even to the extent that they say "While James Anderson may be the only Lancashire representative in this series..."

But not a word of congratulations to Sophie Ecclestone making her test debut.
By chris
Contracts Up at the end of the season (or before):

Kerrigan (already non-playing his contract out)
Chanderpaul
Croft
Brown
Mennie (leaving end of August)
Clark
Lilley
Lester
Lamb

Only Clark is currently a regular 1st team player in all formats, but may interest other clubs. All batsmen are (selectorially) behind the woefully out of form and consequently can't be expected to score a run, Hameed. Brown can't buy a game in any format. How many spinners and wicket keepers do we need?
All might go, assuming the regime doesn't change. Although, I suspect the some will be put on long term contracts. No scholarship players this year, so no obvious internal replacements other than Lavelle who is still at school (this year). 3 batsmen listed there but today's second team only has one batsman trialling (Crawley who is in the academy).
By davee
None of the list are really good enough, Kerrigan has ceased playing for the club, Chandrapaul isn't in the Country believed to never return following a dressing room bust up, Croft is in his Testimonial year and has been blocking the progress of younger players for years, Brown has been struggling for years but may have benefited from being played at 5/6 where Croft has been. Mennie a good trier but not really what we are looking for in an overseas player, probably obtained on the cheap. Clark worth another contract but not quite 1st division, he will prosper in the 2nd next season.
Aaron Lilley has suffered from a lack of chances and I think he may prosper elsewhere, Toby Lester similarly but I don't think he's big enough, Danny Lamb probably deserves another contract to see if he can make the breakthrough.
Several of the above have suffered from being in the seconds too long and they have found a plateau the finding it difficult to make the step up, if they start producing the goods in the seconds they should be given a run out with the big boys.
The problem for most of these players trying to find another County will be the wages many will have to take a drop.
By chris
davee wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:24 am
None of the list are really good enough, Kerrigan has ceased playing for the club, Chandrapaul isn't in the Country believed to never return following a dressing room bust up, Croft is in his Testimonial year and has been blocking the progress of younger players for years, Brown has been struggling for years but may have benefited from being played at 5/6 where Croft has been. Mennie a good trier but not really what we are looking for in an overseas player, probably obtained on the cheap. Clark worth another contract but not quite 1st division, he will prosper in the 2nd next season.
Aaron Lilley has suffered from a lack of chances and I think he may prosper elsewhere, Toby Lester similarly but I don't think he's big enough, Danny Lamb probably deserves another contract to see if he can make the breakthrough.
Several of the above have suffered from being in the seconds too long and they have found a plateau the finding it difficult to make the step up, if they start producing the goods in the seconds they should be given a run out with the big boys.
The problem for most of these players trying to find another County will be the wages many will have to take a drop.
The problem is that you never what to beleive. I was told Chanderpaul was back in the country just not selected for this squad. Mennie may be still suffering, in some way, from his concussion but doubt the club would say anything.
Hands maybe forced with Jennings, Buttler and Livingstone not available after today/tomorrow, Croft and Brown may have to be picked, despite Chapple's clear reluctance.
Have suspected for some time there is something wrong with the dressing room. There must be a reason Jones came in a couple of years ago carried his bat scoring a century and now scores runs for the seconds for fun, but goes into his shell in the (very) limited opportunities he is given at first team level. Lancashire are making the gulf between 1sts and 2nds massive whilst at other counties 19 year old score runs for fun. Something wrong.
By LankyShark
I think Livingstone is unavailable after yesterday. Looked to be in a lot of pain from where I was sitting.

As for Clark, if he hasn’t guaranteed himself a contract over the two days (or evening plus day) v. Yorkshire so far I don’t know what he has to do.

Re the rest. Who knows ?

The last young player to score runs for Lancs was Hameed. Now he is averaging 7 for the season, and When I looked it up I was surprised it was that high
By davee
The blocking problem has been going on for donkeys years, thinking back of the players who scored at will for the II's but never quite made it, Speake, Lloyd, Cockbain, Kevin Hayes, the Varey bros, Tichard, Gallian, Irani, Mullaney to name just a few. Some had to move to other Counties to get regular games, a step up in most cases as Lancashire were dire in those days, come to think about they still are.
By LankyShark
Announcer at the end of tonight’s fiasco spent 5 minutes telling us how great it would be when we come back to the next game, next Friday.

Has he heard a weather forecast for Tuesday? or is the assumption that the expected margin of defeat will make the game unwatchable? Either way, someone needs to give him a fixture list.
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 pm
Announcer at the end of tonight’s fiasco spent 5 minutes telling us how great it would be when we come back to the next game, next Friday.

Has he heard a weather forecast for Tuesday? or is the assumption that the expected margin of defeat will make the game unwatchable? Either way, someone needs to give him a fixture list.
Suspect you were the only person listening to him :)
By davee
A signing for the Red Rose, available for the rest of the season Mark Watt of Scotland fame, Guess what - yet another spinner, are we going to attempt to field a team of spinners and stumpers?
By LankyShark
And another

http://cricket.lancashirecricket.co.uk/ ... he-season/

I only really started listening when I heard him mention Friday and assumed that I had missed the reference to Tuesday. But I hadn’t because he later referred it as the next game. Various times.

Is it just me? Am I the only one who gets annoyed when announcers (at cricket and rugby) go on about how great the next game will be when Lancs/ Sale have just lost?
Please shut up. I just want to go home and think about something else.

Reminding me that there are more thrashings to come does not help.
By davee
davee wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 pm
A signing for the Red Rose, available for the rest of the season Mark Watt of Scotland fame, Guess what - yet another spinner, are we going to attempt to field a team of spinners and stumpers?
Bizarrely we have signed yet another - Zahir Khan a young 19 year old Afghani.
By chris
davee wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:05 pm
davee wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:01 pm
Bizarrely we have signed yet another - Zahir Khan a young 19 year old Afghani.
Agree, it's very strange. Almost scatter gun approach to recruitment. Khan is a genuine no.11 cricinfo has his highest score as 1 in 9 innings. Surprised he was given a work permit on small amount of cricket he's played. Morley hasn't done too badly in the seconds this year for his age. All this effort to replace Kerrigan.

Parkinson and Khan play tonight (+ Lilley and Croft). Does that signal the end for Watt?

Surely, appears it's good night and thank you to Stephen Parry, strange after Chapple made him number one choice last year.
By Allrockhard
Chapple has no pedigree or experience in management or motivation and he will take Lancs down this year. The buck starts and stops with him and his number 2.
World's Gone Mad

Never mind Brexit what about Flog It!. Cancelle[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]

Wagg awarded testimonial

Well deserved I'd say. http://www.glamorgancricke[…]