A forum for Lancashire CCC fans
By chris
Chapple: "everyone's allowed one off day":

https://audioboom.com/posts/6296914-glen-chapple

clearly it doesn't help when that everyone's "one day" happens at the same time:

Before the Match: The Brains Trust: Let's Bowl
Day One: the bowlers: spray it around on a results pitch
Day One: the fielding: no discipline, overthrows, double teapots and dropped catches
Day Two: the batters: 7 wickets in a hour?

Bet Neil Wagner's laughing
By Alex
Somerset had Davies to tough it out and counter attack whereas we seem to have no one who can do the same. Livingstone has struggled a little bit second half of the season, maybe move him down to 4/5 and let him have a chance when the ball is a bit older as we seem to lose wickets early in pretty much every innings.
By chris
Alex wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:53 am
Somerset had Davies to tough it out and counter attack whereas we seem to have no one who can do the same. Livingstone has struggled a little bit second half of the season, maybe move him down to 4/5 and let him have a chance when the ball is a bit older as we seem to lose wickets early in pretty much every innings.
Livingstone dropped a supposedly simple chance off Davies before he reached 50.

Somerset innings maybe 80 over par, Lancashire maybe 80 under par.

Hoepfully there will be some experimentation in teh last two matches now that Essex have secured the championship. Jones could play top 3 to be able to drop Livingstone / Croft and Vilas down the order. Do they rest Croft again to play Jones?
By LankyShark
Do Lancashire ever get the toss decision right?

Obviously there is a 50/50 chance in any game that someone without any clue might make the right decision, and then there are games when it absolutely makes no difference but so often by the end of Day 1, I am just left wondering who made that decision.
By chris
I guess that should end the season long experiment of Ste Parry playing as our number one spinner.

.... unless Chapple believes that it wasn't a wicket for spinners to prosper. Both teams' spinners took more than 50% of the wickets but Parry did not contribute (except Livingstone crucially dropped Davies of his bowling).

Match figures:
Leach 9/141 from 73 overs
Bess 4/109 from 47 overs
Parkinson 7/105 from 22 overs
Parry 0/87 from 29 overs

Parkinson sole spinner at Lord's (he was in 2016) and Kerrigan back for the last game of the season at OT?
By davee
Parry has spent too long in the seconds and only getting outing in the First Team for Pyjama Cricket, bowling in First Class Cricket is a different kettle of fish.
Kerrigan won't be seen in Lancs colours again, it would be nice to see some of the second teamers in for the last 2 matches but this may be unfair to other sides involved in the relegation battle.
By LankyShark
By fair, do you mean not fair to Somerset (see earlier conversation on Buttler), or Yorkshire (need I say more?)?

Either way Lancs seem to have lost again despite trying their best and Somerset's in particular brief respite is now over.
By chris
When the fixtures are out, other counties must be really pleased to see that they are playing Lancashire in their final three fixtures of the season. Their record, at the sharp end of the season, is awful. They have not won in the final 3 rounds of the championship since 2011.

I see the usual quotes from Croft:

"It's a disappointing result for us ..... we never like losing.

"Scoring 221 in the last innings was a tough ask on that pitch. And I don't think we got the rub of the green in terms of the surface or the decisions.

"It was an uphill task. We have given it a right good go though, so losing was tough to take. But it was a good game for the fans."

Surely not for Lancashire fans?
By LankyShark
Surely fans would prefer a game to be over in three days than to take 4 and no result?

Sarcasm from me, but I do genuinely believe that's what he means.
By chris
LankyShark wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:48 pm
Surely fans would prefer a game to be over in three days than to take 4 and no result?

Sarcasm from me, but I do genuinely believe that's what he means.
think he meant it was a game that either side could win, so the fans would be happy.

But fans want to win not happy losing - again - on a "results" pitch
By LankyShark
I am sure you are right, but I just have this suspicion that everything is moving towards shorter games. (Yes I am well aware that the Championship used to be three days, but how many overs did they bowl?).

I see that an application has been put into the ICC for permission to hold a four day test.
World's Gone Mad

Never mind Brexit what about Flog It!. Cancelle[…]

The cull begins

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45491721 One […]

Wagg awarded testimonial

Well deserved I'd say. http://www.glamorgancricke[…]