A forum for Lancashire CCC fans
By LankyShark
Not too bad in terms of numbers of weekend Championship dates. Not good you understand but compared to previous years not a disaster.

But if you want to see any cricket at OT don't go away early summer. And don't be doing any exams either.

Last cricket of any sort at OT on 10th AUGUST.

Apparently they need an extra month for the outfield to recover prior to the bad weather starting.

Surprisingly this doesn't seem to apply to counties that don't hold concerts on their grounds. Funny that.
By PaulTavs
Yes, interesting.

So if Lancashire get the the Blast quarters with a home fixture, they'd presumably have to stage it at an outground? If it really is the case that they will actually begin taking up the playing surface a few days after August 10th?
By chris
Looks like Buttler may be available for as many as 6 championship matches. Mid July onwards. Of course he may prefer to go off to the CPL in the West Indies. Will be interesting to see if he prefers the CPL to our much maligned domestic T20.

In theory Anderson could play the first 9 championship matches, they don't clash with the Pakistan test series. Although in reality, I guess he will be given one match prior to the Pakistan Test series and a couple of T20 outings prior to the India series. Hopefully he will ask to play the Roses champsionship match rather than any T20 matches (and still get a week's rest prior to the first test).
By davee
PaulTavs wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:45 pm
Yes, interesting.

So if Lancashire get the the Blast quarters with a home fixture, they'd presumably have to stage it at an outground? If it really is the case that they will actually begin taking up the playing surface a few days after August 10th?
I can't see the opportunity for a big payday being turned down in favour or the Groundsmans needs, they would rather start 2019 on a patch of mud.

First proper one dayer of the summer and a day gam[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan ODC 20 May

Match 2 and a trip to Taunton. Should be a good on[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]