A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By mav
Post up something about yourself too!

I have been a member for the last couple of years, I love 4 day cricket and am indifferent about T20.

I am vocally opposed to our change of focus away from all but T20.

My fave current player in Azhar and can often be seen on twitter and elsewhere bigging him up.

Which has made some call me his biggest fan!

#inazharwetrust
By mav
[quote="viewfromtheblues"]
Hello Mav ( who ignores me on twitter :D)!!!
[/quote]

you seem surprised?
By Nick14
Hello - Nick here - regular on the old proboards Northants forum. I also ignore Phil on Twitter. Looking forward to the chat on here.
By mav
[quote="Nick14"]
Hello - Nick here - regular on the old proboards Northants forum. I also ignore Phil on Twitter. Looking forward to the chat on here.
[/quote]

Waves.
By Bradders
Bradders here, relative newbie on the old pro-boards forum but certainly someone who enjoyed regular perusal of the chat, insight and latent gallows humour of fellow Steelbacks therein. 
Enjoy my T20 evenings as my job enables me to access this format first-hand.  Fact is though that I am more interested in the longer format, which I rarely get to see on a county level due to the demands of my job.  Struggling with the whole dilemma of how a small county should deal with the fiscal and format dilemmas that the modern game throws up.
Would be concerned if we just threw our collective county effort into a blatant short game strategy.
By viewfromtheblues
Smith has said he is only concerned about 10 days of cricket next year, that of the 7 home T20 and the three days of the tour match with Oz. He also said the young team can sink or swim in the red ball.
By mav
[quote="Bradders"]
Bradders here, relative newbie on the old pro-boards forum but certainly someone who enjoyed regular perusal of the chat, insight and latent gallows humour of fellow Steelbacks therein. 
Enjoy my T20 evenings as my job enables me to access this format first-hand.  Fact is though that I am more interested in the longer format, which I rarely get to see on a county level due to the demands of my job.  Struggling with the whole dilemma of how a small county should deal with the fiscal and format dilemmas that the modern game throws up.
Would be concerned if we just threw our collective county effort into a blatant short game strategy.
[/quote]

As more regulars show up (many don't log back in till March) I think you will find the primary focus for the fans is red ball cricket (closely followed by T20) so expect lots of discussion if this proves to be the case.

I for one have cancelled my membership renewal due to the strategy.
By Chris K
Hello everyone!

I'm a long term NCCC supporter who nows lives in York, I always enjoyed following the posts on the old forum so thought i would join up.
By mav
[quote="Chris K"]
Hello everyone!

I'm a long term NCCC supporter who nows lives in York, I always enjoyed following the posts on the old forum so thought i would join up.
[/quote]

Which version of the game do you prefer?
By Chris K
Hi Mav,

I enjoy all 3 formats but like most people on here I feel we need to focus on having a strong and competitive 4 day team, winning the 20/20 was unbelievable but then then this seasons championship campaign has been a disaster, the players looked mentally shot towards the end of the season and then letting Kettleborough go was staggering!
By northernknight
Thought I'd give another forum a try.

Long time supporter, currently pretty horrified by David Smith and what I perceive to be his underhand and disrespectful treatment of players.

Good interview with Matt Walker here, discussing t[…]

Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]