A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Markjones
Interesting update, Mav - thanks.
So without Hall, Spriegel, Middlebrook etc who's going to get the wickets?
Will Chambers be staying? HIm and Wagner were very disappointing last season.
Any chance of a decent overseas bowler coming? Copeland or Bird?
Is Levi confirmed for the T20s only or Chamionship too?
I find the decision on Ketts bewildering! It's not as if we had a queue of potentially good young batters lined up.
Pleased about the Cobb signing...esp for limited over cricket. 
By Nick14
Been away for my trademark winter break - back now - looking forward to the new season! Hello all!!
By mav
[quote="Markjones"]
Interesting update, Mav - thanks.
So without Hall, Spriegel, Middlebrook etc who's going to get the wickets?
Will Chambers be staying? HIm and Wagner were very disappointing last season.
Any chance of a decent overseas bowler coming? Copeland or Bird?
Is Levi confirmed for the T20s only or Chamionship too?
I find the decision on Ketts bewildering! It's not as if we had a queue of potentially good young batters lined up.
Pleased about the Cobb signing...esp for limited over cricket.
[/quote]

Who will take wickets?

Azhar, Willey, Crook, White and perhaps even Chambers.

That is presuming that our overseas is not going to make it again.

Levi is for everything and adds to a mix of good but not outstanding middle order batsmen.

While I didn't want Ketts to go I thing Keogh has the potential to be better, but I think Ketts will play for England one day - in limited overs.

spin wise it seems like we are counting on either a spinner with a history of not being up to the job, a 16 year old or a few part timers to do the job.
By Nick14
Have I missed something - is there reason to think Klienveldt is not coming?!

Wicket taking will be a big issue for us this year. Crook and Willey are injury prone and the form also has variances in form. White has not shown he can be that effective as a wicket taker - Chambers was very hit and miss last year - mainly miss - plus he is injured at the moment too. Azhar may be our leading wicket taker actually - he is capable of it - can be expensive though. Stone is a decent bet for leading wicket taker too - high hopes for him this year. Zaib seems to be more bat than bowl. But let's face it - the attack looks thin.
By Nick14
Great - a lot rests on him - not so much Levi as I think we have decent batting options - but the attack really worries me - poor spin options, injury prone pace attack, little variety. Really hope Stone can have a breakthrough year.
By mav
[quote="Nick14"]
Have I missed something - is there reason to think Klienveldt is not coming?!
[/quote]

just our recent history with overseas players!
By Nick14
Wish I had missed that Mav :-) Looks like we might actually get one this time #dontspeaktoosoon!
By mav
Just an update to any reading but not yet joined.

We want more voices, especially those that may not agree 100% (or even 70%) with what we think, we want debate (not arguments) so join up and join in!
By Crumbleapple
I've been contributing on and off for a while. Work and weather have limited my cricket but I hope we can have some one day success.

Sent from my GT-S5310G using Tapatalk
By Nick14
Hi folks - not been here for a while - came to see if this site was still active - seems it is but not very - is that fair? Is there another new Northants cricket forum I don't know about?
By Bucksman
Nick14 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 11:04 am
Hi folks - not been here for a while - came to see if this site was still active - seems it is but not very - is that fair? Is there another new Northants cricket forum I don't know about?
It's been very quiet so far this season... no word from our esteemed administrator since last November! I'm not aware of any newly set up Northants forum.
By mav
Sadly new job has left me too tired for much when I finished. Plan to be around more though.
By Nick14
Hi all - good to hear from you all - dreadful season so far - you are right, that doesn't encourage posting as all you can do is moan and lament. 18 May and yet to win a game in any format - really need a win soon. The batting has been so awful - which is not new actually as we all know. We have been recruiting poorly batting wise for years - and chickens have come home to roost so far this season. Newton started well and has been one of the better ones in recent years then, sods law, got injured (his fingers again!). Ben has been in woeful form - I do worry about all the England and off field stuff and the need for him to focus on his batting. The others are doing what they always have - Wakeley is a prime example - he has always been pretty poor really - never that consistent - never a big scorer - lots of low scores - very poor average for a Div 2 career. Bowling is better and we have recruited much better there but with Gleeson and Buck injured we are struggling a little right now - but if the batting was as good as the bowling we would be ok. Let's hope a win soon changes things.
In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]

The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan

The weather seems likely to end up the winner toda[…]