A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Bucksman
[quote="saintcobbler"]
As a young player, his confidence will now be shot and he'll probably struggle with us next season. I can't believe the selectors have done this after such a good start by Ben. OK he struggled in a couple of innings in India. Nobody else did I suppose?
[/quote]

I think he is perfectly capable of bouncing back, and perhaps this will prove a good test of character as a young man.  Too much was made of his left-handedness against Ashwin, but let's see how Jennings fares in this context!
By Ironside
I have nothing but contempt for Morgan and Hales.  In the army it would be cowardice in the face of the enemy.
Morgan in particular as captain  had an obligation to tour and should be dropped from the team entirely.
But then as he has demonstrated by abandoning Ireland for England, he is a true mercenary interested only in himself.
By Bucksman
The perceived Division 2 county bias in favour of Division 1 players at work again?  :(
By Ironside
And of course ECB fudged their own qualification rules, at least inspirit, to allow Jennings to be considered "English"
Another mercenary who abandons his country (and one he has already represented) for the English shilling.
I hate the fact that not only are we picking a South African, we are depriving South Africa of picking a South African.
A plague on the ECB and the Graves Harrison (alleged) leadership
By Iron Mike
After the first test in India the verdicteers said Duckett should not be discarded but work on his game. Also he deserved his chance and did ok in Bangladesh but with the first test next year not until July I'd be delighted if I was a Northants fan as he'd be hungrier than ever to prove his mettle again early season in weight of cc runs.
Maybe Duckett will have another go in the 5th test but his Test career is anything but over with all the promise of his young age. With Northants finishing 2016 strongly I'm sure a quite a few d2 watchers will have Northants as one of the dark horses to go up in 2017.  Long way off for predictions but if I was a Northants fan I'd be quietly excited about  promotion next summer.
Last edited by Iron Mike on Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By saintcobbler
What exactly has Ben done wrong to not be in the squad currently playing in India? Billings exceeded Ben's contribution in Bangladesh did he?
By Bucksman
It seems management have singled him out as being unable to play spin, as if the others are any better!  It now appears he has to make a fresh case for himself with the Lions in Sri Lanka next month. 
By saintcobbler
[quote="Bucksman"]
It seems management have singled him out as being unable to play spin, as if the others are any better!  It now appears he has to make a fresh case for himself with the Lions in Sri Lanka next month.
[/quote]
Why is Ben not in the team, is he injured?
By Bucksman
[quote="saintcobbler"]
[quote="Bucksman"]
[/quote]
Why is Ben not in the team, is he injured?
[/quote]
Judging from my perception of management's current thinking, I suspect he is unlikely to appear at least until the start of the ODI series on 2nd March.
By Bucksman
Our Benny certainly likes to pick his moment... evidently, he still has some growing up to do!
By Shortlegs
Agreed although according to the Times he wasnt the only one pouring drinks over others. I feel you either punish all or none and particularly in this case the punishment is so harsh. Not condoning his behaviour but it is unfair if he has neen made a scapegoat.
Somerset v Glamorgan ODC 20 May

Match 2 and a trip to Taunton. Should be a good on[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]

2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]