A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By Bucksman
onemorerun wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:33 pm
Gone to hospital with a broken finger, I heard. And Wakely has a possible broken nose.

We are finishing the season with the same luck we've had all year.

Inevitably, fate plays its hand against us in the usual manner!

Luke Wood could prove to have been one of the most influential players for Notts: two innings of 40+ as nightwatchman, in addition to his three quick wickets, hastening the end of our second innings.

Hopefully, Libby used up his share of good fortune with his playing and missing yesterday morning, but we shall need prompt wickets to put the pressure on Notts.
By Bucksman
RK's the man... compared with yesterday morning, today is another day!
Last edited by Bucksman on Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Bucksman
What a win... well done to all, the fit and walking wounded! Richard Levi, in particular, deserves great credit for his century on a pitch that was always helpful to the bowlers, which ultimately proved decisive. Our player of the year?
By onemorerun
Bucksman wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:23 am
RK's the man... compared with yesterday morinng, today is another day!
I vaguely remember someone recently suggesting that maybe we should not keep him for next year - one year too many, like Vaas etc. Great answer from Rory.

And a great win against Notts. Promotion still possible but not likely. Five points deduction may cost us dear.

Re Player of the Year - I think I heard the PA announce the Supporters Club player of the year as being Alex Wakely. Surely I misheard? I don't remember anything great from him this year, either as player or captain.

I would vote Levi for T20/one dayers; championship between Levi, Kleinveldt and outsider Newton - makeshift opener, passed 50 on 11 occasions.
By Bucksman
onemorerun wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:54 pm
Promotion still possible but not likely. Five points deduction may cost us dear.

That, crucially, and the missed batting points over the season could well prove a matter of some regret in the final analysis. Without making an in-depth study of the stats, it seems we have performed consistently better in the second half of matches.

The Player of the Year Award was to have been announced yesterday, the feeling being amongst people I spoke to at the ground that Wakely would be the likely democratic choice, despite him having a very average season.
By saintcobbler
Funny old season, under performed in white ball, over performed in championship, compared with expectations anyway. Well done to all the players for this late season surge.
By onemorerun
Bucksman wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:20 pm

The Player of the Year Award was to have been announced yesterday, the feeling being amongst people I spoke to at the ground that Wakely would be the likely democratic choice, despite him having a very average season.
I honestly don't get that. I thought the Supporter's Club award was for limited overs player of the year, in which case I fail to see how anyone other than Levi could have won it. Certainly not Wakely.
By Den Buckett
onemorerun wrote:
Bucksman wrote:
I vaguely remember someone recently suggesting that maybe we should not keep him for next year - one year too many, like Vaas etc. Great answer from Rory.

And a great win against Notts. Promotion still possible but not likely. Five points deduction may cost us dear.

Re Player of the Year - I think I heard the PA announce the Supporters Club player of the year as being Alex Wakely. Surely I misheard? I don't remember anything great from him this year, either as player or captain.

I would vote Levi for T20/one dayers; championship between Levi, Kleinveldt and outsider Newton - makeshift opener, passed 50 on 11 occasions.
Yes Wakely supporters club player of the year. The crowd went into shock when it was announced! One century in the Championship and 2 fifties and a century in the 50 overs was all he did. Levi has a good average in all 3 comps. Newton has passed fifty 11 times in CC. Many others also deserved it more. Don't forget that those 5 lost points also go down to Wakely as he is the captain.
By mav
Have we been saved by the weather at all this season?

I can't recall anytime we have.............
By Shortlegs
Fantastic win and well done to the whole team, though there's no doubt our South Africans won this one for us. Great achievement to take it to the last game whatever happens there. All we can do is try to win well and cross our fingers.
By Den Buckett
It is win win for us next week. If it happens and we stop Notts going up it will be great. If not we can still say we have had a good season and wont have lots of Div 1 thrashings to look forward to!
By Ironside
A long time since I enjoyed a match as much. A real team effort which reflects extremely well on the coaching staff as well as the players. With nothing like the resources of Notts, Ripley and Rowe have created a winning squad from the Academy, the leagues and other clubs' surplus players. What a contrast to the cheque-book management of Mike Newell.
By mav
onemorerun wrote:
Bucksman wrote:

Look at his figures, you will see why it was discussed.
By onemorerun
Before this match, he was still our leading wicket-taker, Now well ahead of the other bowlers and has scored more runs than eg Keogh from fewer innings.
In's & outs

Who is out & who is coming in for next season.[…]

The End of Test Cricket

The current format of Test Cricket Tours is going […]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

Somerset v Glamorgan

The weather seems likely to end up the winner toda[…]