A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By abington1
Obviously a "must win" game. Notts are not playing well and hopefully still disgruntled when they play Sussex who will give them a hard task at Hove. Winning by an innings would be sweet :drunk:

However Leicester aren't going to lie down and let their nearest rival coast home especially as they came so close here. But get Cosgrove out cheaply and who knows. Whatever happens, we with our limited resources and paper thin squad have done unbelievably well and am proud of them :caffine:
By Red and rosy
Northants have done very well this season and I would expect them to beat Leicester given decent weather so it would be how Sussex do against Notts.

Are Kerrigan or Procter likely to play? What is the feeling about these two? Both have a year left on their contracts but are not getting many games at Lancashire. I think both would improve with a move like Buck has for you. Are there any rumours of a move for either?
By Den Buckett
Red and rosy wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:59 pm
Northants have done very well this season and I would expect them to beat Leicester given decent weather so it would be how Sussex do against Notts.

Are Kerrigan or Procter likely to play? What is the feeling about these two? Both have a year left on their contracts but are not getting many games at Lancashire. I think both would improve with a move like Buck has for you. Are there any rumours of a move for either?
Hi!

Procter looked OK but is not featuring now so I assume he is not in our plans for the future. In my opinion he would be a decent replacement for Crook who seems to be coming to the end. Kerrigan can keep it tight in Div 2 but with White signing a new contract, I'm not sure we will be after a spinner.
By Ironside
The weather forecast for the week is not great and we are likely to lose a fair bit of time. We therefore need the strongest bowling attack possible.
Our strength this year has been our fast bowling and I assume we will stick to that - which would mean the four bowlers who played v Notts - assuming they are all fit. Therefore no place for Kerrigan without dramatically weakening the already fragile batting. And of course we will be without Duckett. There seem two possible replacements - depending on fitness. Procter or Rossington. I thought Rossington was out for the season but he was practicing on most days last week with David Sales. Even if he is fit to bat, I'm sure he wouldn't be risked as keeper
The one uncertainty in all of this concerns Procter. I'm not sure if he missed the last two games through injury or because he was not selected. If it was the former and he has now recovered he could play as 4th seamer in place of whichever of the current 4 is least fit. And he could then take the batting place of Keogh (who on form is not worth a place) or Cobb ( who isn't much better than Keogh at present)leaving the way open for Kerrigan.
We could then line up
Rossington, Newton, Wakely, Levi, Cobb, Procter, Murphy, Kleinveldt, Kerrigan, Buck, Gleeson. Or Sanderson replacing any one of the other three fast bowlers.
By Bucksman
Is it just my perception that Grace Road is possibly amongst the wettest places on Earth??
By Iron Mike
If you've ever been to Blaenau Ffestiniog you will know there is somewhere where the rain never seems to stop. . I'm not slating the place but I'd like to know where the only wetter place is in Wales. Under Aberdulais waterfall is my guess!

Hope you guys get underway. What's the forecast up there for the next 3 days?
By Den Buckett
Iron Mike wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:24 pm
If you've ever been to Blaenau Ffestiniog you will know there is somewhere where the rain never seems to stop. . I'm not slating the place but I'd like to know where the only wetter place is in Wales. Under Aberdulais waterfall is my guess!

Hope you guys get underway. What's the forecast up there for the next 3 days?
Lots of rain Wednesday evening so Thursday will probably be a case of 'wet outfield' again.
By Bucksman
Hooray... finally underway! The skipper opts to bowl, with the Lancs loanees restored.
By Bucksman
Quickly making up for lost time!! Sussex doing quite nicely as well...
By mav
blimey, we are going to make the other two nervious!

If we have a chance at this, I may well pop up to watch.
By mav
Guessing Rory pulled up and Gleeson finished his over?

Now that he's fit, is there an argument to play Me[…]

Sussex v Glamorgan

Nice trip then to the south east cost for game thi[…]

2nd XI

2nd XI getting in a strong position in their frien[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]