A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By onemorerun
This is what Ripley said in the Chron at the time of the points deduction:

“That’s not good.

"We’ve just spoken about it as a group. We talk about it far too much and we need some actions.

"That’s going to hit us because we are going to lose points from this game and go back with minus points.

"In the past we’ve not been promoted out of this division by just one point, so every point is vital and we’ve just lobbed four or five away.”
By Bucksman
I suppose it's all pretty hypothetical, really, in that had the deduction not materialised, something else could well have occurred... such as losing or drawing, instead of winning, the last 4 matches!
By Ironside
I can't think that many of us ever expected to come third and to win 9 games. At the start of the season I hoped we might come above Durham, Leics, Derby and Glamorgan. SO to achieve that and come above Gloucs, Kent and Sussex as well is outstanding.
Yes it is frustrating to lose out on deducted points and certainly we have not helped ourselves with the limited number of batting points that we have picked up.
But we have the making of a really competitive side and with a couple of additions we could really challenge for promotion next season.
And realistically, we will be spared a long and probably unsuccessful relegation battle
By mav
its easy to say without the -5 we would be up, but Notts would have played a very different game (or at least tried too) if that was the case.
By Den Buckett
mav wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:21 pm
its easy to say without the -5 we would be up, but Notts would have played a very different game (or at least tried too) if that was the case.
They conceded over 500. Even if they had known they needed to win, it would have been very difficult for them.
By mav
Den Buckett wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 pm
mav wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:21 pm
They conceded over 500. Even if they had known they needed to win, it would have been very difficult for them.

I mean they would have approached the whole match very differently.
By Vee
abington1 wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:51 am
Whatever happens, we with our limited resources and paper thin squad have done unbelievably well and am proud of them :caffine:
I agree. I am proud of our team. They started the season with injured players, this has continued on and off all season, limited resources , but never give up and fight to the end. Yes, as Rips says we have room for improvement, but even International test cricketers have off days . We beat Notts in penultimate match - that’s says it all. Looking at results over the past years we have continued to improve despite soggy pitches , draws etc., and it must be difficult switching from T20’s to 1 and 4 day matches with different tactics. Well done lads.
Here’s to next season !
:joy:
2nd XI

Personally I think it is very disappointing that t[…]

Another 'ton' for Compo

D.C.S.Compton, Dennis to his adoring fans', Compo […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Royal London One Day Cup

Was hoping for a change of fortunes as a new compe[…]