A forum for Northamptonshire CCC fans
By mav
Have to say while we have been a bit of a "nearly team" this year, I am bloody proud of what we have achieved.

Championship 9 wins and third.
T20 6 wins and sixth (due in no small part to 3 no results!)

(lets not mention the 50 over stuff!)

Proctor, Levi and Duckett averaging over 40 in the championship.
Gleeson, Sanderson, Azhar, Rory and Buck all taking over 30 wickets in the championship.

Levi averaging 47! in the T20
Gleeson and Rory taking 10 or more wickets in the T20

Keogh, Wakes, Newton, Rossington and Levi averaging over 40 in the one dayers
(again, lets ignore the bowling!)
By Den Buckett
Yes lots to keep us interested in the Championship and the T20.

I have no idea if there is a chance of getting Procter but I think he would slot in nicely at 7 with Rossington at 6 and Kleinveldt at 8. We then have Duckett, Newton and Levi in the top 5 but we need 2 more to find some form or maybe a batsman will be brought in.
By LankyShark
Sorry you didn't make it. Was watching the scores over the last few days hoping that you would sneak in.

Whilst he has never for long been a first choice player at Lancashire, if I had been given the choice of which batsman to lend you it wouldn't have been Procter. If you do get to keep him I would expect him to play a big part in your attempts to outplay Middlesex and Warwickshire next year.

As for Simon Kerrigan, he never really recovered from playing for England. Again if you hold on to him perhaps a full season in Division 2 and he could be back.
By Den Buckett
LankyShark wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm
Sorry you didn't make it. Was watching the scores over the last few days hoping that you would sneak in.

Whilst he has never for long been a first choice player at Lancashire, if I had been given the choice of which batsman to lend you it wouldn't have been Procter. If you do get to keep him I would expect him to play a big part in your attempts to outplay Middlesex and Warwickshire next year.

As for Simon Kerrigan, he never really recovered from playing for England. Again if you hold on to him perhaps a full season in Division 2 and he could be back.
Thanks for your kind words.

In theory we are going to struggle to keep up with Middlesex and Warwickshire next season but we thought Notts would be well clear this year - that should give our team plenty of confidence going into next year.

Have a good winter & congrats on pipping Surrey to second place!
By Ironside
Both Procter and Kerrigan would be very useful additions but I'm not sure we could afford them.
Of the 2, I think Procter would be the mos likely to join because we definitely need additional batting strength and he would also give us the 4th seamer option.
We already have a SLA in White although he is not in anything like Kerrigan's class. However I'm sure he has just accepted either anew contractor a contract extension and we certainly couldn't afford two SLAs
By mav
Much like most cricket fans I love my stats, here is one I like to use.

Batsmen average actual and EXCLUDING HS (CC only)

Levi 45.9/ 41.3
Duckett 42.1/ 33.7
Holden 39.3/ 31.7
Newton 37.3/ 34.2
Wakley 31.3/ 27.3
Rossington 29.8/ 22.4
Cobb 29.3 / 24.2
Rory 21.9 / 18.1
Keogh 21.5/ 16.8
Buck 20.1 / 17.6

Think it is fair to say after the top 4 this is not nearly good enough for our batsmen (and 2 of the top 4 is less than you would want too)
By Bucksman
Den Buckett wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:32 pm
LankyShark wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Have a good winter & congrats on pipping Surrey to second place!

Ditto, and particularly after Surrey's ruse of declaring at 8 wickets down to prevent you obtaining your third bowling point!
By Den Buckett
Thankfully Levi and Newton picked up the main awards at the presentation evening - some sense after the farcical Supporters Club vote!
By Bucksman
Season's Roll of Honour:

Best bowling (innings) - Rory Kleinveldt, 9-65
Most stumpings - David Murphy (and Daryn Smith), 3

Top 10 bowlers:

Richard Gleeson (4th), 18.6
Nathan Buck (8th), 21.4
Ben Sanderson (9th), 21.5
Independent external review

This has been done by Huw Bevan whose roles have b[…]