Any news or views on International Cricket
By notgoingoutreprise
I can not believe Australia would cheat,with them being the masters of virtue.Smith and Lehmann should be sacked immediately or sooner
By TWrex
Reports say 'the leadership group had a plan', which rather indicates more names involved including backroom staff. Smith banned & Bancroft receiving penalty points the immediate response, hopefully there will be more punishments to come, preferably led by the ACB.
By Alex
Will be interesting to see if there's a dip in his form, can't be easy to play with all that's going on. Shame it wasn't before the Ashes as we could have done without him scoring runs!
gmdf liked this
By Vetchetarian
Michael Atherton says that the premeditated nature of Australia's ball tampering made it different from the " dirt in the pocket " affair that blighted his career.

Is he for real ?

So, going on the field of play with a pocket full of dirt was not a premeditated act ?

Or maybe the dirt miraculously appeared in his pocket during play ?

An act of god, perhaps ?

Sinatra had a hit record with " Pocketful of miracles ", so why not.

:) :) :)
exileKT8 liked this
By notgoingoutreprise
To be fair the whole of Australia is up in arms about this ball tampering.Atherton,Vaughan etc opinions and observations pale into significance to the vitriol being thrown at Smith,Warner,and Bancroft.
By Vetchetarian
I'm a long time admirer of Australian cricket, having been feted by the entire squad of a touring team in Swansea when I was a lad. They couldn't have been kinder, and I've never forgotten the way they treated me.
So this incident has really shocked, and saddened me, as it has the entire cricketing world.
Three players are being sent home in disgrace, and I suspect they will receive a stormy welcome on their return to Oz. Their international careers must surely be in jeopardy.
What silly beggars they were.
gmdf liked this
By davee
I'm afraid the Aussie teams of the past who were to be admired for their ability, sportsmanship and friendliness are a thing of a bygone era.
I cannot believe for 1 second that the plot to alter the condition of the ball was not known by the full Aussie Hierarchy as it isn't a million years since their selectors / coaches were playing.
The fact that the ball was given to the junior man to interfere with stems from the fact that nobody / cameras concentrate on the new lad so they are unlikely to be caught.

The picture of an Aussie Captain crying is an picture that will stay with for ever, It will be one of the iconic images of the 21st century.
By Vetchetarian
davee wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 11:50 am
I'm afraid the Aussie teams of the past who were to be admired for their ability, sportsmanship and friendliness are a thing of a bygone era.
I cannot believe for 1 second that the plot to alter the condition of the ball was not known by the full Aussie Hierarchy as it isn't a million years since their selectors / coaches were playing.
The fact that the ball was given to the junior man to interfere with stems from the fact that nobody / cameras concentrate on the new lad so they are unlikely to be caught.

The picture of an Aussie Captain crying is an picture that will stay with for ever, It will be one of the iconic images of the 21st century.
" I'm afraid the Aussie teams of the past who were to be admired for their ability, sportsmanship and friendliness are a thing of a bygone era ".
I suppose the same could be said of England teams.

I also believe that more people knew about the tampering than have come forward. One day, perhaps, the truth will come out.

No shame in a man crying. I do it quite often. Not for ball tampering, though.

Michael Atherton's ball tampering was also an " iconic image ", but many English cricket followers pretend it never happened.
By Bucksman
At least, Steve Smith has shown the common sense (or been sensibly advised) not to appeal against the length of his ban!
By Vetchetarian
Bucksman wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 5:18 pm
At least, Steve Smith has shown the common sense (or been sensibly advised) not to appeal against the length of his ban!
A wise decision not to appeal, but it does not alter the fact that his reputation is permanently destroyed.
Things cannot go on like this

Surely something has to happen at Glamorgan pretty[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

James Tredwell to retire

Sad, but not unexpected, news about Tredders retir[…]

THE GREATEST

At a time when we are mourning the great history o[…]