Any news or views on International Cricket
By Alex
With the start of The Ashes under an hour away how does everything think the first test will end?

Agnew has said ""I had a text or two from a member from the England camp yesterday - one of the bowlers - who wasn't very pleased, there is more and more grass coming off. You want some grass, you want some movement.

"A Test match is five days and lasts a long time. The whole idea is that certainly at the start of the match the bowlers have a bit of a chance, but this looks like a pretty lifeless 22-yard strip, which will mean that if somebody does win the game they'll have played well and someone else will probably have played poorly. This has all the makings of quite a slow track."

Wonder if Cardiff have put 5 days of gate receipts above a result?
By paulh_85
[quote="Alex"]
With the start of The Ashes under an hour away how does everything think the first test will end?

Agnew has said ""I had a text or two from a member from the England camp yesterday - one of the bowlers - who wasn't very pleased, there is more and more grass coming off. You want some grass, you want some movement.

"A Test match is five days and lasts a long time. The whole idea is that certainly at the start of the match the bowlers have a bit of a chance, but this looks like a pretty lifeless 22-yard strip, which will mean that if somebody does win the game they'll have played well and someone else will probably have played poorly. This has all the makings of quite a slow track."

Wonder if Cardiff have put 5 days of gate receipts above a result?
[/quote]

Do Cardiff have much say in the pitch over somebody at the ECB?
By Bucksman
The bottom line is always the key factor in the business of the staging of Test matches, but the flat pitch element reminds me of David Ripley's comment about the need to 'protect' the batsmen at Wantage Road from the devils of a lively and bowler friendly track.  Ideally, we want to see an even and challenging contest which, given Cardiff's Ashes record, could well be the case again!
By Alex
Might be being a bit optimistic but I've placed a couple of bets based on Aggers comment's so if they don't come in I'm holding him personally responsible :lol

I've put this match to end as a draw and England to win the series @ 14/1 and also some money on this match to end as a draw @ 25/10.
By Alex
England batting first could play into my hands more as long as they get a decent first innings score, I can't see Cook giving a generous declaration in the second innings!
By lovecricket
Losing a wicket to Lyons in the first session is not good!  Particularly the manner of it.  Root and Balance will hopefully build a strong partnership.

My money would still be on a draw but we shall see.  Ausies up in this session.
By Bucksman
[quote="lovecricket"]
Losing a wicket to Lyons in the first session is not good![/quote]
England seem mesmerised by such an unremarkable spinner!
By glamman
Hopes that the relaid pitches in Cardiff would provide a bit more pace and bounce seem to be misplaced. The all-to-familiar low, slow character of the pitches seems to be continuing.
Opening batsman

Giving the small pool of available players and Gla[…]

Simon Kerrigan

I see he has just resigned for Fulwood and Brought[…]

Lancashire Action Group - an update

Hi there, We were formed 3 1/2 years ago as a sup[…]

Ashes Matching Fixing

Looks like the Aussies might have been up to no go[…]