Any news or views on International Cricket
By mav
Have to admit I have always thought of Broad as an Also ran bowler, not bad but included due to him being good with bat and ball rather than a "proper" front line bowler.

Very happy to be shown that perhaps I was wrong.
By Bucksman
[quote="mav"]
Have to admit I have always thought of Broad as an Also ran bowler, not bad but included due to him being good with bat and ball rather than a "proper" front line bowler.[/quote]
Although he has always had the ability to deliver devastating bursts (although Trent Bridge was exceptional), consistency has never been his forte, with the cloud of injury seemingly never far away.  Maybe, in this new era of attacking positivity, he will be encouraged to develop the qualities of patience and maturity required to adapt to conditions other than just the typical 'English' pitch.
By Bucksman
Sadly, at present, the efforts of the ladies are mirroring those of the men down under in 2013-14... taking early wickets, allowing the opposition to recover, then failing with the bat, in both innings.  :(
By saintcobbler
When our men weren't doing so well and the ladies were, it was frequently said that the ladies were showing the men how to play successful winning cricket. I hope it can be said the other way round now without being accused of sexism, male arrogance etc.
By saintcobbler
[quote="mav"]
Have to admit I have always thought of Broad as an Also ran bowler, not bad but included due to him being good with bat and ball rather than a "proper" front line bowler.

Very happy to be shown that perhaps I was wrong.
[/quote]
Uh!
By Willeyspaypacket
Putting Aussie in on a flat one suggets England an the Oval wnat 5 days gricket here and make some money to recover losses from the last two tests from early thrashings. They were shat at Northampton and cant survive another green one.
By saintcobbler
Cook has talked like an Australian (but lacking their confidence) for a couple of years now. Every sentence ends on a high.  I much prefer listening to Michael Clarke to be honest.
By notgoingoutreprise
[quote="saintcobbler"]
Cook has talked like an Australian (but lacking their confidence) for a couple of years now. Every sentence ends on a high.  I much prefer listening to Michael Clarke to be honest.
[/quote]
Who wants to listen to a washed up has been like Clarke?

Franchise cricket live on BBC...good news. http:/[…]

Idiotic/embarrassing "fans" at T20

Its getting worse. We seem populated with support[…]

T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]

Final group match sees Middlesex come to the Garde[…]