Any news or views on International Cricket
By Alex
On a green seaming pitch with multiple slip catches it's not really a pitch to be playing expansive drives on :P
By Bucksman
Cricket must be a unique sport for sudden shifts in momentum and fortune... and then back again!
Last edited by Bucksman on Fri Aug 07, 2015 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Dan2015
well the Ashes have been fantastic.
Love seeing all my mates with no interest in cricket watching it and even listening to it on TMS.
Shame there aren't more events like it in English cricket.
By Scrapie
Dare I say this? I feel a bit sorry for Australia.  I think Michael Clarke is a broken man. Thousands flew half way around the world to watch and then had to make do with a visit to the local chocolate factory or castle. In 2005 we won, but four of the games went down to the wire. You will never, ever, see better cricket than that.

Alastair Cook got married in a village where I used to live. He took the family dog to his wedding there and drove off in a giant tractor. Sheer and utter class!
By Thameseyray
[quote="Scrapie"]
Dare I say this? I feel a bit sorry for Australia.  I think Michael Clarke is a broken man. Thousands flew half way around the world to watch and then had to make do with a visit to the local chocolate factory or castle. In 2005 we won, but four of the games went down to the wire. You will never, ever, see better cricket than that.

Alastair Cook got married in a village where I used to live. He took the family dog to his wedding there and drove off in a giant tractor. Sheer and utter class!
[/quote]

We didn't feel like that 18 months ago!
Agree though about over celebrating as we are still 6th in the ICC rankings and lets face it we need to do well in Australia!
Will be pleased to see if we can beat Pakistan and South Africa!
The problem is that we see success in how we do against Australia but I look at our test ranking as a better indication of our progress. I expect Australia to fall down the rankings for awhile. They did plaster over their problems 2 years ago when they should have developed their younger players but there you go!
Hopefully we can now move on with some very good looking players which our county set up have provided. Leave the county structure alone please!!!!!!
Overseas activities

I've noticed that some Glamorgan players have been[…]

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Northants 2018

Well, I thought I'd start this one early!! What's […]