Any news or views on International Cricket
By Thameseyray
Getting cold now!
Still a good mouth watering winter of test cricket to follow!!!!
Starts at 7!!!!
Lots of spin bowling and should be interesting!!!
By Bucksman
Lots of England spin bowling, but no wickets!    Sadly, Bell is the bad boy again.  It's difficult to see this series being much different to the last time in the UAE.
By Annoyed of Llandaff
Sadly our spinners have been poor at best.  I have a lot of time for Moeen, does a job at 7/8 in the order and would be a great back up spinner.  Is not and never will be an opener or front line spinner though.  Patel is much in the same mould, maybe with the ability to bat a little higher.

Rashid is shocking at times to be honest and a luxuary England can ill afford.  For every wicket taking delivery there are about 10 freebies.  Just not good enough at this level. 
By overtheborder
To be fair I like the spinners England have at the moment, they can definitely do a job. I also think James Tredwell is underrated, and is more than just a limited overs bowler for me. He especially seems to have the temperament for test match cricket and I wouldn't mind seeing him get a proper go at it.
By Alex
At one point I thought Kerrigan would be the England spinner for years to come but the pummelling by the Aussies really seems to have set him back.

Agree with the point about Tredwell he is someone who is constantly underrated.
By Bucksman
[quote="Alex"]
At one point I thought Kerrigan would be the England spinner for years to come but the pummelling by the Aussies really seems to have set him back.[/quote]
The irony is, of course, that the particular individual who delivered that pummelling has seen his own Test career come to an end before he really would have wanted! 

From being a whisker away from winning the first Test, and effectively one rash shot from saving the second, we have now witnessed the final batting collapse to lose the series 2-0.  Our impotent spin attack notwithstanding, dropped catches and that missed stumping could be seen as the difference in Sharjah.
Last edited by Bucksman on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
By chris
[quote="Alex"]
The question is why don't we have a world class spinner in the UK
[/quote]

Because we take so much of the summer off to play T20 / List A, rather than allow spinners and batsmen to learn that aspect of their game in August.  Not a lot of championship matches in July either.  The ECB get what they deserve.
T20 final group matches

Three to go after a good win yesterday. Leics on F[…]

Don Shepherd

The great man is 90 years old today, and here is a[…]

Final group match sees Middlesex come to the Garde[…]

It seems that the size of Kleinveldt is beginning […]